A Capital Brass! Christmas

This December, Capital Brass! will perform their fourth annual Christmas Concert; with an expanded play list and their finest venue to date. First; on Sunday, December 6th, members of CB! will participate in the Albany, NY edition of Tuba Christmas, at the Empire State Plaza; conducted by David Wampler, Instructor...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...3&Itemid=39

This December, Capital Brass! will perform their fourth annual Christmas Concert; with an expanded play list and their finest venue to date. First; on Sunday, December 6th, members of CB! will participate in the Albany, NY edition of Tuba Christmas, at the Empire State Plaza; conducted by David Wampler, Instructor...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...3&Itemid=39

Very nice.

Thanks for the update Tom. First we have seen from you since DCA.

Looks like a fun season ahead.

What happened to the mall gig?

The Mall gig was fun. But we're moving on to bigger and better things, all the time!

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS STANDING STILL. You're either moving ahead, or you're falling behind.

Cool!

Thanks DCkid and Mellotrump.

We still get regular public jabs and insults (as recently as this week) from certain loser hacks. And, so, the supporters who chime in are very much appreciated.

We keep pressing ahead; developing our little group, more and more, into a legit brass ensemble. You would be very surprised at the sounds we're getting out of the Holiday set. The Classic Christmas pieces are just another way of expanding our skills. In addition to the new music; we are exploring new venues where the ensemble will be welcomed and appreciated.

We also expect to do some more recording. The Blues Evolution project gave us all the bug to do more.

Edited by capitalbrass

Thanks DCkid and Mellotrump.

We still get regular public jabs and insults (as recently as this week) from certain loser hacks. And, so, the supporters who chime in are very much appreciated.

We keep pressing ahead; developing our little group, more and more, into a legit brass ensemble. You would be very surprised at the sounds we're getting out of the Holiday set. The Classic Christmas pieces are just another way of expanding our skills. In addition to the new music; we are exploring new venues where the ensemble will be welcomed and appreciated.

We also expect to do some more recording. The Blues Evolution project gave us all the bug to do more.

Hey Tom! ... Will we be seeing you and your crew at any of the BHOH I&E shows in 2010? ... You and I had our schitck down pretty well as I stumbled my way through introducing CB ... hopefully your association with the re-birth of I&E shows will continue ...

Andy

Hey Tom! ... Will we be seeing you and your crew at any of the BHOH I&E shows in 2010? ... You and I had our schitck down pretty well as I stumbled my way through introducing CB ... hopefully your association with the re-birth of I&E shows will continue ...

Andy

We may do a trip to a drum corps event or two in 2010, but haven't really settled on exactly what we're doing yet. We're really still on our Fall hiatus until January.

The Holiday Ensemble schedule is just 2 short rehearsals and 2 performances; squeezed in during our time off. When we start getting together regularly, we'll have more opportunity to talk about what we'll be doing in the Spring and Summer.

I have to say that the guys were all really happy to be rehearsing together again. And the way the ensemble sounded in rehearsal, we're all excited about getting things going again, after the Holidays.

A Capital Brass! Christmas

40 minute Concert today at:

Baptist Health Center

297 North Ballston Ave

Scotia NY

2:30 pm

This performance is a Dress Rehearsal for our Christmas Concert next Sunday, at St. George's Church.

This year’s Christmas playlist features over one-third new music, with selections from many fine arrangers, including:

“Do You Hear What I Hear?” – arranged by Jay Lichtmann

“Little Drummer Boy/Pat-a-Pan” – arranged by Bud Udell

Mel Torme’s “The Christmas Song” – arranged by Kevin Foster

Arrangements by CB!’s own Andrew Bisnett: “Silent Night” and “Away in The Manger”

3 by John Arietano: “Westminster Carol”, "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer” and “God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen”

Several from the Canadian Brass collection: “What Child is This?”, “O Little Town of Bethlehem”, “Joy to the World”, “Hallelujah Chorus” (from Handel’s Messiah), “Carol of the Bells” and “Hava Nagila”.

And a couple more for fun: “You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch” and “The Chipmunk Song”.

Details for all performances can be found at www.capitalbrass.org.