Drum Corps comes to Plymouth

Hello everyone and wishing you all a happy and safe holiday season. I just wanted to give a preliminary announcement that the Standish Guards Drum and Bugle Corps, Inc. is getting ready for the 2010 season. We are looking to bring a viable all-age program to Plymouth, MA and to compete in DCA and other competitions as available. We have our executive board in place, instructors are lined up or in the process of aquiring, equipment and funding is being pursued and we currently have 20 members. As we are starting a corps from scratch, we have no idea about how many members will commit but I can assure you that our main goal is to compete and perform no matter what size corps we have. We will be having an open house/meeting of interest in January with twice monthly rehearsals starting in February. We will also be travelling to all three of the Bugler's Hall of Fame shows entering in the I&E. If we can have a mini corps in time for April we will do that also.

If anyone is interested in finding out more send me a pm or watch for our upcoming website which will be up and running soon. I feel that this is an exciting time in drum corps and I'm looking forward to this challenge!

Dennis O'Neill

Corps Director/Percussion, Standish Guards

(If anyone out there is starting a new corps and you need help with the legal filings, check with your local school of law. They may have a community outreach program for free. We have had a great experience with the Southern New England School of Law, Dartmouth, MA. A big thank you to our law student Elizabeth Broadway and her faculty advisor, Linnea Michel, who are now big drum corps fans!)

Hello everyone and wishing you all a happy and safe holiday season. I just wanted to give a preliminary announcement that the Standish Guards Drum and Bugle Corps, Inc. is getting ready for the 2010 season. We are looking to bring a viable all-age program to Plymouth, MA and to compete in DCA and other competitions as available. We have our executive board in place, instructors are lined up or in the process of aquiring, equipment and funding is being pursued and we currently have 20 members. As we are starting a corps from scratch, we have no idea about how many members will commit but I can assure you that our main goal is to compete and perform no matter what size corps we have. We will be having an open house/meeting of interest in January with twice monthly rehearsals starting in February. We will also be travelling to all three of the Bugler's Hall of Fame shows entering in the I&E. If we can have a mini corps in time for April we will do that also.

If anyone is interested in finding out more send me a pm or watch for our upcoming website which will be up and running soon. I feel that this is an exciting time in drum corps and I'm looking forward to this challenge!

Dennis O'Neill

Corps Director/Percussion, Standish Guards

(If anyone out there is starting a new corps and you need help with the legal filings, check with your local school of law. They may have a community outreach program for free. We have had a great experience with the Southern New England School of Law, Dartmouth, MA. A big thank you to our law student Elizabeth Broadway and her faculty advisor, Linnea Michel, who are now big drum corps fans!)

It great your planning o come to our Bugler Hall of Fame Boston Regional, if you need any help or information about our I & E show, please send me an email - tfarr@skek.org.

Best of luck Dennis to you and the Plymouth Standish Guard !!

Your friends in Pittsfield, MA .... Red Knights. :tongue:

Edited by BariPaul

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, haven't heard all the details yet. Please let the drum corps fans in southeastern Mass know what's going on. It's the best way to recruit. If you don't have everything in place yet, say so and tell us what you do have.

Dennis,

I happy to see the the return of more Drum Corps to Mass. This is wonderful news! I have a two questions for you. What kind of horns you'll be marching G or Bb and Is it o.k. if your members march multiple corps. I would like to sit in on your next rehearsal.

Dan

Defenders

St Kevins

Scarlet Knights