Holiday Greetings from the Buccaneers Family

2009 was a special year in the long history of the Reading Buccaneers -- not just because of what happened on the field, but more importantly because of what happened off it. Another year of a group of people forming permanent bonds with their comrades and growing the family. That's what it is for us, and what I'm sure it is for our friends in other corps -- family. And for us, the meaning and significance of family was brought home in the most difficult way with the untimely passing of our dear brother Geoff. That event, and the corps' reaction to it - both in Rochester and up to the present day - say more about the power of this crazy activity than a DVD, judge's tape or 11-minute show could ever hope to. If you were at our year-end banquet you know what I'm talking about. Family.

The holidays are a time for family -- and I hope that as we're enjoying gifts, bountiful meals and the joy of being with loved ones, we also think about how much we are transformed by the love of our extended drum corps family. How fortunate are we that we get to pursue our passion for music and performance with an extended family!

I am enriched beyond description by my family in Blue and have the distinct honor of being one of its spokespersons. So on behalf of all of us in the Reading Buccaneers family, I wish everyone in the extended drum corps family, and your loved ones, the very best of holiday seasons - and good health, peace, prosperity, unbounded joy and great drum corps for 2010.

See you on the field.

Very well-said, Tom.

Happy Holidays from Barbara and me to our Buccaneer friends!!!!!

Fran