29 G Bugles For Sale!

Chops Inc.

what do you have left?

Are those firm prices for the baritones, and hows the conditions of the horns.Depending on the condition I would like one.

Those prices are pretty firm unless you're buying multiple horns. We did a lot of research and figured out prices that are pretty fair for the condition of the horns.

I've really liked the Kings, but I may not be the best person to evaluate them. I've only played mellophone since joining Chops, and there's a total of three horns that I've played on. One is the Getzens for sale above, one is an old tight-wrapped Blessing that I borrowed for a college pep band, and the third is the King 1121. Needless to say, having a brand new horn in my hand felt much better than the older ones.

One thing that I can say is that I, as a lesser player, have found it much, much easier to find notes on the King than the other horns. I'm guessing that this is the case on the whole line, since having a matched set of new Kings really improved our intonation across the whole line. It's not a matter of our hornline not being able to be in tune with the old Gs, it's a matter of it just being easier. We find our notes faster. But, I haven't really explored other brands, so it could just be a phenomenon attributed to new horns vs. old.

Maybe I should pop in to a MN Brass camp and try out their Dynastys and a Govies camp for their Yamahas for a point of reference.

If you like the King mello just wait until you try one of the Yamahas.

I have an old King 1120 as well as a new Yamaha 204M I have also played on a Yamaha 203M. The biggest difference I found between them all is the back pressure involved. The King feels the most restricting followed by the 203M and that leaves the 204M which allows you to fill that instrument with a larger amount of air with very little distortion at a double forte volume or more if you have it. The 204M is a dream to play. The distance between major thirds on th 204M seem to be closer to one another which seems to make them easier to attain also. With this being said it may back up your theory on new vs. old.

In case you were wondering about my mello experience I have played mellos for 3 years with The Cavaliers, one year with the Cavalier Alumni Corps and for 2 years now with the Classic Cavaliers. I will never deviate from Yamaha brass. :tongue:

• 1 month later...
Where is Spoon?

Teaching the Kilties' drumline, as far as I know...