Which corps in New Orleans this weekend ?

We usually have a few come in for Mardi Gras and it never fails that I hear about 1/2 of them after the fact.

So, who's in town and which parades?

Thats more like ham!

Prime Time Brass is from Rochester NY and is a bunch of GREAT players from many different DCA corps that do lots of gigs as a brass type ensemble with a couple of drummers. I know they are down there because I was supposed to go too...and couldn't work it out on my schedule. You will be able to tell they are drum corps cats right away when you hear them.

Donny

We usually have a few come in for Mardi Gras and it never fails that I hear about 1/2 of them after the fact.

So, who's in town and which parades?

Mike, were are you guys this weekend?

Mike, were are you guys this weekend?

Not marching :worthy:

Since we have to split the $2000 between band, danceline etc, I don't do many anymore.

Since we have the whole week off, alot of my kids go to Disney or Colorado to ski.

The only times we had for parades got taken up with playing for the sweetheart court etc.

I think I'll be painting the lower school music building.

Thats more like ham!

Prime Time Brass is from Rochester NY and is a bunch of GREAT players from many different DCA corps that do lots of gigs as a brass type ensemble with a couple of drummers. I know they are down there because I was supposed to go too...and couldn't work it out on my schedule. You will be able to tell they are drum corps cats right away when you hear them.

Donny

Well, considering there can be up to 5 parades going on at the same time but at different locations around the city, it helps to know which parades.

Thanks

Wish I was there. :worthy:

Wish you had been here too. It was a pretty good one.

Ex post facto....

Gulf Coast Sound was there, or at least the few of us that could make it over (10 horns, ~8 drummers, 2-4 guard). We apparently were in the same parades (or at least 3 of) as PTB, as we kept seeing them.

Lots of fun, looooong parades (I think the shortest of the 3 was only ~3.5 miles).

Those that have them use our "parade horns" - all the 2 valve bugles come out, along with the old music arrangements. I left the 29lb 4V DEG at home, took along the 18lb 2V DEG instead... 1/2 the horn, all the sound!

I heard that GNODCA/ Echoes of NO marched one last weekend and one this one, but didn't see any of those guys this year.

Did get to see/shake hands with Larry Hirschman...