Purple Lancers Auburn Show March 7th

WOW!

Up to 9:30pm last night I was getting phone calls for tickets. :doh::smile::doh:

I for one will turn no one away. So they are out in the halls listening so who cares...

Looking GOOD :smile::doh::smile:

Joe... great job of marketing this show! And a great way to make people in your city aware of that drum corps is back in Auburn. :smile:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Post from our Presidert/Corps Director who just joined DCP yesterday and is not familiar with DCP.... Thanks Dick.

"Let it be known that Capitol Brass and PrimeTime Brass are to be commended for their extreme sincerity and compassion for us as well as many others. Their motives are genuine and certainly revered by us as well as others. Their motives are about helping others , and this is where I feel a few organizations today have been remiss in their thinking and consequently preferring to be guided by their own personal agendas. Gentlemen my hat goes off to you both.You will always hold a special place in our memory bank.. I wish both of your organizations a steller 2010 with a beneficially financial ending. You both deserve it.. Thank you for your thoughfulness and kindness in being a big part of our first Brass Ensemble event.We have no doubt that your presence will greatly add to the success of the event on March 7th in Auburn. Thank you both again for the heart warming consideration you have extended to the Purple Lancers organization".. Richard A. Gagliardi President/Corps Director

Edited by Purple Lancers

This is from our Presidert/Corps Director who just joined DCP yesterday. Thanks Dick.

"Let it be known that Capitol Brass and PrimeTime Brass are to be commended for their extreme sincerity and compassion for us as well as many others. Their motives are genuine and certainly revered by us as well as others. Their motives are about helping others , and this is where I feel a few organizations today have been remiss in their thinking and consequently preferring to be guided by their own personal agendas. Gentlemen my hat goes off to you both.You will always hold a special place in our memory bank.. I wish both of your organizations a steller 2010 with a beneficially financial ending. You both deserve it.. Thank you for your thoughfulness and kindness in being a big part of our first Brass Ensemble event.We have no doubt that your presence will greatly add to the success of the event on March 7th in Auburn. Thank you both again for the heart warming consideration you have extended to the Purple Lancers organization".. Richard A. Gagliardi President/Corps Director

This was a reply from Capital Brass to Dick's Post:

Richard;

we're just showing up to perform a show.. which is what we love to do (Just Play!). We are happy to do our tiny part (the EASY part) to help the Purple Lancers. But, it's YOUR organization that's doing all of the work, and taking all of the risks, to get a new show established.

Beyond that; we're extremely proud, and flattered, to be invited to perform on stage along with the tremendous Prime Time Brass, as your guests in this concert. I hope we can give an opening performance commensurate with the rest of the show.

BTW: Joe posted info on the Auburn show here: Purple Lancers March 7 Concert

This post has been edited by capitalbrass: Mar 4 2010, 07:59 PM

--------------------

Just Play!

www.capitalbrass.org

e-mail us HERE

Profile, Pics and Audio Samples on Gigmasters

CB! on Facebook

Edited by Purple Lancers

03-08-2010%2004%2059%2010PM.JPG

Hi to everyone who reads this… This is my first show review.

Our show yesterday March 7th was a GREAT success. This was contributed to 2 Great Organizations; Capital Brass and Prime Time Brass who wowed the receptive audience. Drum Corps is back in Auburn, NY

The program started at about 2:14pm with Capital Brass taking center stage. These Pro’s put on one heck of a show and had the crowd dancing in their seats. You could see that the audience liked the music as they recognized the songs and liked what they heard. They gave CB a standing ovation, in appreciation, for their performance. Great job guys and thanks for coming in all the way from Albany. :blink:

About 2:50pm, 10 minutes before they were scheduled to go on Prime Time Brass was called on to take the stage. Just like Pro’s that they are, in the spirit of Drum Corps, they were flexible and did it with grace and efficiency. After marching in 6 parades in New Orleans which were like 6 miles long these guys played their hearts out. The audience was overwhelmed by the great sound and with the music they (the crowd) knew,“"Sweet Caroline"” had them rocking in their seats. Again, after their show the audience responded by giving PTB a standing ovation. Great job also PTB for coming to Auburn and helping us out. :devil:

Then it was our turn to perform. What an act to follow, these 2 great organizations. We went out and gave it our best effort. We sounded, in my opinion; great considering this is only our second year out. We were well received by our home town crowd.

Our gratitude goes out of course to: Cayuga County Community College and its staff for the use of the facility, Capital Brass, Prime Time Brass, Our own Purple Lancers and their Families, our Staff, and the Italian Kitchen Crew who served the meal to the participants after the show. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING OUR SHOW THE GREAT SUCCESS IT WAS! :devil:

Now our biggest thanks go out to our President/Corps Director - Richard (Dick) Gagliardi for all his hard work and dedication 24/7 in making this Show a Great success that it was. :worthy::worthy:

Look Out For Next Year :shutup::blink::devil::blink:

Edited by Purple Lancers

Hi to everyone who reads this… This is my first show review.

Our show yesterday March 7th was a GREAT success. This was contributed to 2 Great Organizations; Capital Brass and Prime Time Brass who wowed the receptive audience. Drum Corps is back in Auburn, NY

The program started at about 2:14pm with Capital Brass taking center stage. These Pro’s put on one heck of a show and had the crowd dancing in their seats. You could see that the audience liked the music as they recognized the songs and liked what they heard. They gave CB a standing ovation, in appreciation, for their performance. Great job guys and thanks for coming in all the way from Albany. :blink:

About 2:50pm, 10 minutes before they were scheduled to go on Prime Time Brass was called on to take the stage. Just like Pro’s that they are, in the spirit of Drum Corps, they were flexible and did it with grace and efficiency. After marching in 6 parades in New Orleans which were like 6 miles long these guys played their hearts out. The audience was overwhelmed by the great sound and with the music they (the crowd) knew,“"Sweet Caroline"” had them rocking in their seats. Again, after their show the audience responded by giving PTB a standing ovation. Great job also PTB for coming to Auburn and helping us out. :devil:

Then it was our turn to perform. What an act to follow, these 2 great organizations. We went out and gave it our best effort. We sounded, in my opinion; great considering this is only our second year out. We were well received by our home town crowd.

Our gratitude goes out of course to: Cayuga County Community College and its staff for the use of the facility, Capital Brass, Prime Time Brass, Our own Purple Lancers and their Families, our Staff, and the Italian Kitchen Crew who served the meal to the participants after the show. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING OUR SHOW THE GREAT SUCCESS IT WAS! :devil:

Now our biggest thanks go out to our President/Corps Director - Richard (Dick) Gagliardi for all his hard work and dedication 24/7 in making this Show a Great success that it was. :worthy::worthy:

Look Out For Next Year :shutup::blink::devil::blink:

All of us at PRIME TIME BRASS would like to thank the PURPLE LANCERS for the honor and privalage we had playing for such a great organiztion and great audience, plus all of our friends and family on Sunday. The Mardi Gras was just a fantastic time and something most of us had never experienced before, but when you have all the drum corps hertigage, memeories and class that goes with the PURPLE LANCERS, it was for me and all my family at PTB just a GAS to be able to perform for all of you. CAPITAL BRASS what a great show! PURRPLE LANCERS only 2yrs. back and you look just amazing and what a great sound to! Thanks again for the invitation and we at PTB wish you the best of luck with your 2010 season!

All of us at PRIME TIME BRASS would like to thank the PURPLE LANCERS for the honor and privalage we had playing for such a great organiztion and great audience, plus all of our friends and family on Sunday. The Mardi Gras was just a fantastic time and something most of us had never experienced before, but when you have all the drum corps hertigage, memeories and class that goes with the PURPLE LANCERS, it was for me and all my family at PTB just a GAS to be able to perform for all of you. CAPITAL BRASS what a great show! PURRPLE LANCERS only 2yrs. back and you look just amazing and what a great sound to! Thanks again for the invitation and we at PTB wish you the best of luck with your 2010 season!

Right back at `cha, Johhny! :shutup: PTB never disappoints. Loved the show! And the Purple Lancer organization really delivered, in putting this whole thing together. Thanks to all!

• 3 weeks later...