judging

Scoutnout

OMG what is that panel in Texas today for the regional. You can already see they cant make decisions and PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE i know some of these individuals and they have either been out for quite some time or never in touch ...ughhhh whats happening to judging this year.

PS: ( Disclaimer )This is not a personal attach on any individual, just the WGI slates in general...lmao :smile:

OMG what is that panel in Texas today for the regional. You can already see they cant make decisions and PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE i know some of these individuals and they have either been out for quite some time or never in touch ...ughhhh whats happening to judging this year.

PS: ( Disclaimer )This is not a personal attach on any individual, just the WGI slates in general...lmao :smile:

I actually think these scores are pretty accurate. Most of the guards in prelims who attended the Austin Regional 2 weeks ago actually saw a drop in score. I don't think being out of the judging activity has anything to do with being able to tell what good colorguard is. Lets face it... as much as we would like to believe; our activity has not changed too drastically in the past 15 or so years. Maybe you could be a little more descriptive on what you are dissapointed with in the judging community, cause at this point it just sounds like your upset that your "home team" didn't get the score you thought they should've.

I actually think these scores are pretty accurate. Most of the guards in prelims who attended the Austin Regional 2 weeks ago actually saw a drop in score. I don't think being out of the judging activity has anything to do with being able to tell what good colorguard is. Lets face it... as much as we would like to believe; our activity has not changed too drastically in the past 15 or so years. Maybe you could be a little more descriptive on what you are dissapointed with in the judging community, cause at this point it just sounds like your upset that your "home team" didn't get the score you thought they should've.

Ya know maybe youre right on a few things..Things have not changed for sure. As far as my " Home Team " its not that at all I may have posted way to fast on a gut reaction to people i know personally and the lack of dedication. ethics, knowledge and so on. Maybe a littled jaded also when you know the dark side of our activity ....and there is a dark side for sure. As far as the guards themselves YES I dont think some deserved what they got especially in some upper classes but I do widh them all well.

Actually I think there needs to be more accuracy within the scoring. Circuit to WGI for instance? Why do guards go to regionals and get dumped? The following week at Circuit shows see a couple WGI judges and scores start to soar again. There needs to be more accuracy. More emphasis on creativity and performace... than this person works with this guard so we need to do this? Nobody in this forum can deny that this is the case from time to time. If you do, you must be that director, instructor or performer that benefits from the name game. It is all (BS), and totally unfair to the performers that go out and give their all on a weekly basis. It is said to say....but does anybody remember the tick system?

Actually I think there needs to be more accuracy within the scoring. Circuit to WGI for instance? Why do guards go to regionals and get dumped? The following week at Circuit shows see a couple WGI judges and scores start to soar again. There needs to be more accuracy. More emphasis on creativity and performace... than this person works with this guard so we need to do this? Nobody in this forum can deny that this is the case from time to time. If you do, you must be that director, instructor or performer that benefits from the name game. It is all (BS), and totally unfair to the performers that go out and give their all on a weekly basis. It is said to say....but does anybody remember the tick system?

AMEN TO THIS!!!!!!!!!! :smile: