The OFFICIAL 2010 Spirit Thread

We got to see Spirit 3X the last couple of weeks and boy, have my wife and I been blown away. The kids are SO pumped and the show is just outstanding. My daughter plays vibes in the pit and her best friend is marching trumpet and both are having a ball. My son is interning with the corps so its a faimily affair! It's what drum corps is meant to be!

One question for the group though - does anyone besides me find it a little ironic that after Spriit was vilified as they were last year for introducing a bass guitar and string bass that this year we have corps with bass and lead guitars as well as sampling bass on their keyboards to fill in for maybe a weaker contra section than they would prefer? Guess thats the price of being an innovator! :tongue:

Keep it up Spirit!

Your not the only one. I found that to be quite interesting as well.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While everyone else is out there reminding you to vote for all the drum corps in the Chase Community Giving project, I thought I would ask that you vote for Spirit also.

And please remember to use your gift votes after you have voted for all the other drum corps.

Thanks!

I got to watch Spirit play a standstill version of their show in Naperville. I just have to say that they sound absolutely fantastic standing still. Hornline plays very crisply and with great balance and blend and the drumline plays some great stuff very cleanly.

Just hope they can eventually achieve that on the move and keep it up through an entire show.

Question about the props - how come they look different every time I see them? Is that how they're tied into the show? Are they being "built" as the show progresses, with the finished product to be revealed at Finals? Are they gonna wind up being huge Deltas by the end of the season or something? I was just wondering, because right now they're just grey boxes floating around the field, and it's kinda confusing.