Amazon and LLC Books

Interesting, while fooling around on Amazon.com I searched "bugle corps". Found some new book entries by a group called LLC Books. The group has a large number of what looks like special interest books. Included are books (booklets) on DCA and DCI corps but no way to tell what the material looks like or if it justifies the $15-20 price.

Any one have any idea?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_...;qid=1276122660

I don't know if this is the case here, but I remember hearing something a year or two ago about a guy who has published hundreds or thousands of books - basically he had a program that would search the internet and compile enough information about unpublished topics to make a book, advertise in the niche market, and then publish on demand. I tried finding info on LLC publishers, but it's such a generic legal term that there's way too many results.

<edit> found this after referencing the ISBN number. It sounds like they might do what I mentioned above, but in their FAQ, they only mention that they robotically scan existing out of print books and reset the type. Sounds like the quality isn't that good unless maybe the source material was. Here's the link to their FAQ.

Edited by nukeme70

I don't know if this is the case here, but I remember hearing something a year or two ago about a guy who has published hundreds or thousands of books - basically he had a program that would search the internet and compile enough information about unpublished topics to make a book, advertise in the niche market, and then publish on demand. I tried finding info on LLC publishers, but it's such a generic legal term that there's way too many results.

Thinking along the same lines. Interesting that the two (DCA and DCI) links I hit didn't have a sample page or anything to show you what the product looked like. Each had a copy of some of the text but it was just typed out on the webpage.

<edit> found this after referencing the ISBN number. It sounds like they might do what I mentioned above, but in their FAQ, they only mention that they robotically scan existing out of print books and reset the type. Sounds like the quality isn't that good unless maybe the source material was. Here's the link to their FAQ.

Thanks. LOL checked the link and sounds like they are trying to do what Project Guttenburg and Goggle Books is trying to do with out of print books. Except this place is charging.

edit: Just noticed this: "We recommend you pay by credit card. If you ask Paypal to pay from your bank account it will take them up to four business days to send your order to us" - Never had a delay problem with PayPal that I know of.

Edited by JimF-LowBari