Cacaphony Director Issues Apology

SANDUSKY OH - Eddy Lyons, Director of the debut fantasy drum and bugle corps Cacaphony, issued an apology for the unfortunate mishap the crowd witnessed at the June 18 Sandusky OH show.

"It is most unfortunate Mr. Watkins, the field judge, found himself in the middle of the colorguard's "squeezing diamond" routine at the precise moment the flag and rifle executed a perfectly timed exchange across the every shrinking formation. I apologize for any discomfort Mr. Watkins may have endured, but we all knew this would happen one of these days. I have to tell you, though, I'm awful proud of the kids for not breaking ranks and for continuing the show, even after the judge managed to stagger his way out of the formation and onto the side line before collapsing. It is especially heartening that one of my colorguard members persevered after a pretty nasty cut received from stepping on one of Mr. Watkin's dislodged teeth. I'm still trying to squeeze a courtesy point out of his reckless disregard for the safety of the kids on the field."

Clovis Watkins apparently had been testing a new head camera for the judging team which covered one eye, before becoming disoriented, and seemed to be unsure of exactly where he was going. Footage retreived from his final transmission clearly showed closing ranks of colorguard and spinning equipment prior to the sound of a thud, a groan and several expletives, as well as what seemed to be several high pitched squeals as flagpoles repeatedly rained blows across Mr. Watkins body.

Mr. Watkins was not available for comment.

Ahhh, that explains the audible 'Gasp - Pause', followed by thunderous cheering during your show!

I would have loved to have seen that. Wonder if you could take out a judge at every show with that move... hehe!