Audition Conundrum

Okay so I'm absolutely positively sure I want to march next year. I audition for Spirit last year and I got a call back, but I couldn't go because even if I made it I wasn't sure I would be able to pay for it. Now that I have a full ride to college, money shouldn't be much of an issue. Now my dilemma is that I'm going to school in Ohio, but I'm from Georgia and should be returning during the summer. I was thinking about auditioning for Crown or Spirit, except I would have to fly for the audition camps (airfare definitely isn't cheap). My other option was try to march either Bluecoats, Glassmen, or Bucs (DCA). This is quite the conundrum for me. :smile:

Why limit yourself? There are tons of corps out there! Not quite sure what the conundrum is either? BTW-- corps are still looking to fill spots, so since money's not a major issue any more, maybe you could jump in still.

Well paying the dues shouldn't be a problem, but I still don't want to pay a fortune (thinking about camp fees, the audition fee, transportation, as well as the regular dues). I guess the conundrum would be should I stay in Ohio by myself during the summer or should I go back home and try a corp there? My dream corps to march are Cavies, Phantom, Crown, or SCV. I would mind marching DCA since I am new to the activity (I love Bucs).

IN that case, it sounds like you're trying to decide what corps you really want to march. That's a personal decision that no one will be able to help you with, although we could all promote our favorite corps (Spirit, Crown, and Cavies for us)... ultimately it's up to you.

That makes sense. Well right now it's definitely between Bluecoats, and Spirit. I don't think I'm ready for Crown just yet. I read on their website that the Bluecoats are the least expensive corp in the country. I'm not entirely sure if that's entirely sure.