some corps numbers from Bowling Green...

gonna do a little review and give some numbers...numbers are approximate, as there were lots of holes. Not gonna get in real deep, as others have done that already.

Teal Sound

battery 8/5/4/4

pit 16

color guard 20ish

8 tubas

50ish horns total

Pit opening seemed a bit mis-timed to me. If you know Dream Theater, you know there are lots of strange rhythms, and getting those rhythms down still needs a little work. I'm a dinosaur, so I didn't like the guitar/bass, but they seemed to play decently.

Pioneer

battery 8/5/4/3

pit 10

color guard 12

7 tuba (at least one hole)

45-50 horns

Swing low was cool...got the crowd clapping along. Hats may make them look short, but those long green pants make them look tall, so maybe a wash.

Crossmen

battery 8/5/3/5 only 4 basses present, but was marching with a hole in bass 2, i believe.

pit 15

34? color guard

8 tuba

60 horns

First off...those shorty short female guard uni's are just plain wrong. I don't know how to explain the wrongness unless I mention a certain animal that doesn't need water and nomads use in the desert, but..yeah....wrong, wrong wrong...Other than that, Crossmen and Metheny is good.

Phantom Regiment

battery 9/5/4 no cymbal line

pit 14

color guard 40?

8 tubas (but looked as if they were marching 4 holes)

70ish horns

I like the all white. Dirty dirty dirty. Top 8 or 9 this year is gonna be real interesting.

Bluecoats

battery 8/5/4 no cymbal line

pit 13

color guard 36?

16 tuba

78 horns (think I saw 2 holes, so 80 total)

don't like the new uni tops. All I saw all night was a weird looking bright white "M" on the front of the jackets. Distracting to me. Aggressive...very Aggressive. Mean...very Mean. Ending seemed unfinished, and I hope it is, because it left me kinda...bleh.

Glassmen

battery 8/5/4 no cymbal line

pit 13

color guard 36?

11 tuba (marched 1 hole)

horns 70ish? probably 72...never did get a good count.

I like this years show, but I can see where some will think it's boring. Has some pretty horn work.

Glassmen did the encore...boring.

I had all the scores pretty much nailed except for the 2 spot. I had Bluecoats 3 points ahead of Phantom. If phantom cleans up their mess, and Bluecoats keep cleaning, they are gonna be right there with BD, Crown, Cadets, Cavies, etc...it's gonna be a very interesting top 9 this year.

that's it...

Edited by skewerz