Bristol Review

7th Regiment a tough book for a small corps show titled Macabre. I think it was their first show of the year. Lots of marching problems. but still enjoyable.

First world calls corps Jersey Surf. 66.80

Variations on America, America the Beautiful and Festival Overture on a National Air. Being in Bristol on the Fourth weekend the fans loved the music. Horn line about 45 had a real nice sound Middle brass had some nice runs In America the Beautiful. Nicely done

Next the Crossmen 71.05

I was really looking forward to seeing the Crossmen Play Metheny.. Lots of down time for the Brass with the pit taking the forefront. Mixing problems they had the pit WAY to loud even to the point of overpowering the horn line I was disappointed. and in Minuano (second song). The brass was all over the place.

to the end they seemed to pull it together for a nice closer with The First Circle. I don't see them making finals this year.

Boston Crusaders 79.20 WOW even though Bristol has low stands the drill is amazing. keeping the white on the uniforms looks great. color Guard worked very well with the show the only weakness I could see was the drumline. I can't remember seeing Boston this tight this early in a while (if ever) Look for them to make a run at the five spot this year. I hope they change the ending. when the show ends everyone seemed to be waiting for the closer and they just got it.... they tied with Phantom But The just have a better show than Phantom.

Phantom 79.20 tie with Boston

Classic Brass for Phantom But again too much down time and The pit take the lead. I hope this isn't a trend. not much to talk about I love Phantom their strong Brass line will carry them with some Beautiful Mid brass work towards the closer and clean Soprano work during the opener. I just think Boston has a better show and look for Phantom to drop as far to 7 th or 8th in finals

Bluecoats 82.8 2nd place

WOW They have the show and talent to make a push They came to beat Carolina Crown ( I thought they did) Some balance problem with the pit (again) I am thinking from the fence to the pit isn't that far and with the low stands it is just in your face. Metropolis is a well rounded show (only down side is the ending) to mellow for my taste. They come out and come at ya strong. very clean look with the uniforms. I see this show over taking Crown.

Crown.83.70

I was prepared to hate the look It isn't as bad as people say. and once they started to play This corps has a great hornline they come at ya then drop it down without hesitation. Their control while playing low is great.

only thing is I don't see how or where they can improve the show. It is what it is and don't look for crown to take it this year. The Bluecoats just have a better designed show.

now that being said the wasn't a show I hated (crossmen is close)

It was a nice night for Drum Corps even though the wind was high But I only saw one or 2 times when the wind affected the guard.