Drums Along the Columbia Review

I think the reason most corps stopped coming up here was due to the cost. It's not cheap for any non-west coast corps to swing all the way up here and then back. I had heard rumors that some of the Cali. corps wanted more money if they made the trek up here, too.

What I don't understand is why there isn't a Seattle show anymore? Or any shows in WA other than the Tri-Cities show? Why is a show in Oregon the Seattle Cascades "home show"? I would think that if you could provide more shows in this beautiful region than more corps may take the drive up.

I gotta tell ya, this is much more pleasant swing of tour than doing a mid-west swing in early July. MUCH.

yeah, i don't get it either. i know that a lot of corps go from california up the coast, over to idaho, then down to DATR. doesn't seem like seattle would be that hard to get in....

Hello Mr. Madrid!

Corps started refusing to go all the way up to Seattle.

So Cascades' show got moved to Portland.

DCI & WGI both give show priority to world class groups anywhere near their region.

If we are calling them the Seattle Cascades,

should we also be calling them the Southern Oregon Crusaders?

Everyone does what is best for their success, right?

And then later, fairly recently, yes some corps did start asking for more performance money to come to the NW.

This straight shot NW tour is the only way we will get any corps up here nowadays.

Once the G7 scene pans out

We might be the only ones who care about the NW,

so we had all better figure it out and build more events & corps for ourselves.

Edited by rainhead

If we are calling them the Seattle Cascades,

Technically they did drop "Seattle". (though the website is still seattlecascades.org lol) the corps has changed locations so many times the last several years, Vancouver, Yakima, Woodinville...they might as well just say they are from Washington State. Nobody would care IMO.

It's just odd that corps wouldnt want to "go all the way to seattle". Im just thinking about the size of the city + free day potential! seems silly.

omg it's chase

lol

LOL - yes Lance.

it's Chase.

The one and only haha