DCI Street Team

Has anyone on DCP every heard of or been a part of a DCI street team? I thought for sure I'd seen something like this in the past, but can't find anything about it on the DCI website.

I brought up the DCI event in Carmel to my co-workers at a team meeting a few weeks back, and ever since I've been wondering if there isn't a better way to advertise for DCI in my community. I'd love to have a one-page ad/brochure that I could e-mail to my co-workers, let them know that DCI exists and to check it out if they're interested. After all, Championships are right in their backyard!

It'd also be great to have some quality stickers or posters that I could put up around the community. A lot of places like Starbucks, Panera, Jimmy John's etc. have postboards. Why not put a DCI poster up?

This is pretty minimum effort stuff that I'd be happy to do without pay, I just need the resources. I've contacted DCI about it just now, before posting. What does DCP think? Is this a good idea?

Has anyone on DCP every heard of or been a part of a DCI street team? I thought for sure I'd seen something like this in the past, but can't find anything about it on the DCI website.

I brought up the DCI event in Carmel to my co-workers at a team meeting a few weeks back, and ever since I've been wondering if there isn't a better way to advertise for DCI in my community. I'd love to have a one-page ad/brochure that I could e-mail to my co-workers, let them know that DCI exists and to check it out if they're interested. After all, Championships are right in their backyard!

It'd also be great to have some quality stickers or posters that I could put up around the community. A lot of places like Starbucks, Panera, Jimmy John's etc. have postboards. Why not put a DCI poster up?

This is pretty minimum effort stuff that I'd be happy to do without pay, I just need the resources. I've contacted DCI about it just now, before posting. What does DCP think? Is this a good idea?

Yes, it's a great idea.

What I've found interesting is that at school, I get the info and handout for local shows after school is out for summer and the kids are gone. One time I actually received the info after the show was over. I don't know if that the local people screwing up or DCI itself but they miss the target audiance quite often.

That might be what I remember hearing. Online efforts are nice, but there's so much noise already on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Besides, a lot of my friends who are going to check my profile page already know about drum corps. It'd be nice to have something a little more direct than that, or something that takes a more brick-and-mortar approach to target people in my area, people with a great opportunity to see DCI's premier event.

I e-mailed DCI, and their reply indicated that there is a street team effort in place. Apparently they just recently met to distribute the following flyer:

http://www.dci.org/indy/festival.pdf

I downloaded the file, and e-mailed it out to my immediate co-workers. I already saw some immediate interest from one lady, someone who had never knew about drum corps before, but loves to watch field shows. She wanted to know when Finals was, so she could go. Sometimes it really is as easy as just getting the word out.

I e-mailed DCI, and their reply indicated that there is a street team effort in place. Apparently they just recently met to distribute the following flyer:

http://www.dci.org/indy/festival.pdf

I downloaded the file, and e-mailed it out to my immediate co-workers. I already saw some immediate interest from one lady, someone who had never knew about drum corps before, but loves to watch field shows. She wanted to know when Finals was, so she could go. Sometimes it really is as easy as just getting the word out.

You are to be applauded for your attitude and actions. Keep at it and you'll inspire more people to join in and do the same. Fans love nothing more than to introduce new fans to the activity. That's how I got involved.