Cavajam live tonight

Thanks for the info Mike! :thumbup:

You're welcome. If I had been online earlier, I would have posted this then. Still, I suspect the 1140 viewers were partially due to the members of DCP who saw the post, reminding me of the power of numbers of the greatest fans in the activity.

I can see why the drum line is scoring big. They were crisp, MUCH better than early in the year.

If anyone just tuned in and is wondering what's going on, the corps will soon be taking the field for their encore.

Encore on RIGHT now. 1056pm

1010pm Edit: All done except for the singing.

Edited by wvu80

Thanks to DCP for tuning in and to Mike Boo for spreading the word!

Had fun tonight!

Chris:

Next year, let's put this up earlier. DCP members do come out en masse in support when they know of something. Anyhow, it's a cool thing to broadcast for the fans.

Chris:

Next year, let's put this up earlier. DCP members do come out en masse in support when they know of something. Anyhow, it's a cool thing to broadcast for the fans.

Yes, will do.

Streaming CAVAJAM 2010 didn't fall into place until this afternoon, when we were able to hard wire into North Central College's network. So, I didn't want to publicize the web event until we were absolutely sure about connectivity.

We're going to try to do some smaller streams this week in New Castle, if possible.

Tonight's CAVAJAM 2010 stream:

2,032 unique viewers

3,891 total viewers

Not too shabby...

Thanks to DCP for tuning in and to Mike Boo for spreading the word!

Had fun tonight!

I wanted to thank you for your efforts, and for giving drum corps fans a 'bonus' night of entertainment. I'm sure the folks who saw it live where grateful for the corps' effort, and those of us unable to attend (I live in So Cal) are grateful for your part in delivering us the entertainment. I love the Cavaliers show this year (my favorite of theirs since 2006), and I'm appreciative of an extra performance opportunity!!

Just got home from Naperville and it did not rain. Thank you to all who came out, around 2500. Thanks to Chris Lugo for doing all the Cavaliers techy stuff with facebook, twitter, uverse, etc. Thanks to Mike Boo for giving DCP a heads up. See you all in Indy. Best of luck to everyone's own favorite corps. It should be fun.

Craig Rasin

Cavalcade of Brass Co-chairman

Yes, will do.

Streaming CAVAJAM 2010 didn't fall into place until this afternoon, when we were able to hard wire into North Central College's network. So, I didn't want to publicize the web event until we were absolutely sure about connectivity.

We're going to try to do some smaller streams this week in New Castle, if possible.

Tonight's CAVAJAM 2010 stream:

2,032 unique viewers

3,891 total viewers

Not too shabby...

Ah...that makes sense. It would have been bad to advertise the live stream and then have hundreds honked off if it didn't happen.

Let me know next year and we can perhaps issue a "we hope this will happen, but don't be mad at us if it doesn't" heads-up on DCP well prior to the event to get people to put it in the backs of their minds.

Anyhow, it was a wonderful thing for you folks to do for the fans. Thumbs up!

EDIT: I've asked the moderators to close this thread so that new people seeing this for the first time don't think the event is happening tonight.

Edited by Michael Boo