DCA-C Weekend-o-Fun!

Good luck and safe travels to all the corps competing in the Midwest this weekend!!!!!

Does anybody know the rehearsal sites for Vigilantes, High Country, and/or Kilties during the weekend?

Vigilantes - North Intermediate School in St. Peter, MN

High Country - Dakota Meadows in Mankato, MN

Kilties - Belle Plaine HS and Belle Plaine Elementary in Belle Plaine, MN

Here's to hoping that Vigilantes have enough members to compete. Seems crazy that their first competition of the season is 3 wks before DCA.

Good Luck Vigs

A bit crazy but....

I think it is great that they have the ability and will to travel so far to participate in any show.

It is not like they are a hop, skip and a jump away from shows held each weekend, like we are in the Northeast.

All the corps that travel such a long way deserve a huge amount of credit. Imagine the logistics - nuff said :tongue: .

I give them a lot of credit, and wish them well.

:thumbup:

We start so late with DCA shows because there are none within reasonable distance until now. With two long distance trips in our budget going to the northeast or south is just not in the cards. We did two local DCI shows in July and got some good feedback. We also have had discussions with DCI to get more performances and exposure during the TX swing in future years.

As for bus versus fly, school starts in TX early Monday morning. So our teachers and students need to leave immediately after our 5:00 show Sunday night to get to obligations the next day. 15 hours on the road before class or work is less than ideal. See everyone in St Peter tonight.

And as I stand in MN this morning with amazing weather, I am looking forward to having energy during a run!

We start so late with DCA shows because there are none within reasonable distance until now. With two long distance trips in our budget going to the northeast or south is just not in the cards. We did two local DCI shows in July and got some good feedback. We also have had discussions with DCI to get more performances and exposure during the TX swing in future years.

As for bus versus fly, school starts in TX early Monday morning. So our teachers and students need to leave immediately after our 5:00 show Sunday night to get to obligations the next day. 15 hours on the road before class or work is less than ideal. See everyone in St Peter tonight.

And as I stand in MN this morning with amazing weather, I am looking forward to having energy during a run!

Welcome to Minnesota. Better yet, see everyone at Patricks afterwards!

Made it home [driving] at 6:30 Monday morning. :lookaround: