APD distortion?

All and all i like the quality of the APD's this year but for some reason there is a lot of distortion (for example. the end of Cadets and SCV). Will the CDS have this as well and will it be mixed better with the pit? I really see no excuse after all these years and all the technology we have that the recordings (mp3 or not) sound like this. am i the only one?

All and all i like the quality of the APD's this year but for some reason there is a lot of distortion (for example. the end of Cadets and SCV). Will the CDS have this as well and will it be mixed better with the pit? I really see no excuse after all these years and all the technology we have that the recordings (mp3 or not) sound like this. am i the only one?

I haven't listened to the QF APDs, but I do remember that the Cadets show had a LOT of bass on the final hit. Could be overloading your system, maybe, if others aren't having the problem. Of course, there's only so much the DCI mixers can do since they don't have original audio streams. If the corps mixed the pit poorly, then that is not very fixable.

Edited by skywhopper

From what I'm hearing there is far too much bass in a lot of the recordings. However, I think most of this falls on the corps.

The key to a good recording starts at the source

The PA speakers the corps use for their amplification and electronic instruments often distort. Some are just not up to the task by design, while others degrade after taking a beating on tour. What you may have is an accurate recording of those distorted sounds.