Breakfast & Crave Food at DCA

DO NOT forget the new location of the ANCHOR BAR, which was opened last year at this time. The Anchor Bar (the Buffalo location of course) is the home of the original Buffalo Wings.

AMAZING FOOD!

http://www.anchorbarrochesternewyork.com/

Dan, thanks for the tip on the Sticky Lips! See you there!

Although the Anchor is an institution, there are places for wings in Rochester, that IMO are much better. Here is a brief list of my faves:

Jeremiah's- Monroe Ave (don't be a smartass and ask for wiseguy's, not unless you are really up to it)

Norton's - Corner of Norton and Goodman, excellent

Infield - Buffalo Rd, excellent

got to give a nod to The Retreat - Old time drum corps guy(Greece Cadets, Phoenix, Empire) Rusty Ainsworth runs this place

You've got to try Sal's Birdland as well as Country Sweet - both variations on bbq chicken, that I have never found outside of Roch. Really unique sauce. Great fried gizzards!!

Rochester is a hot dog town, no not that way, but the food hot dogs.

Nick's -Bull's head and Henrietta

Steve - Some relation to Nick Lyell Ave

LDR Charbroil - Charlotte (prounounce Sha-Lot) part of the city right on the lake. You gotta' get there, get the steak sammy on a hard roll with fried onions, to die for

Schallers- Hot dogs and ground rounds( Rochester version of a hamburger)

5 guys - multiple locations The closest thing on the east coast to the absolute BEST HAMBURGERS in the world, In 'n Out....who else?!?

Pizza

Roch has some of the best, avoid the chains I like Guida's (brick ovens), Carbone's, Ricci's, Bay and Goodman (yep that's the name of a pizza joint)

Hopefully I caught this before too many folks saw this, but if I didn't mention Bathtub Billy's the Empire folks would have my head. Additionally, Roch has one of the best subs (hoagie, torpedo, grinder) you can get Rubino's - multiple locations, roch institution.

This ought to give you guys something to gnaw on...... :tongue:

Edited by ereese

While in Rochester, what is the best place for breakfast, and what is the local crave food? :tongue:

Gary McLucas

If you go to Bruegger's Bagels watch out - cuz NYS adds an extra tax if they slice it.

any true corps fan could handle it..... :tongue:

I'm a true corps fan....I have an ulcer. Don't hold it against me but :tongue::worthy: