Fusion Core looking for Brass Caption Head

After four years of working as the Brass Caption Head for Fusion Core, Matt Spatz has decided to take some time off. Matt was one of the original "Core" members and our entire organization is very, VERY sad to see him leave.

I personally have been in this activity for over 30 years and I've had the wonderful opportunity to be taught by many great instructors........Tommy Martin, Hy Dreitzer, Dave Negri, Frank Ponzo and many others but Matt is by far, hands down one of my favorite instructors and deserves to be right up there with that list of names. He is not only very talented but he is the epitome of a team player. He not only taught the line but he was always there to help with anything without having to be asked. When we were short handed for support to load the truck, drive the tractor, give a ride, Matt did it. When we needed to march a spot very last minute, he did it. He attended and participated in every parade. He was also HILARIOUS at times with his teaching, right up to our very last practice prior to finals when he ran behind the horline screaming "AAAAIIIIIIIRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" He always had a way to bring out the best of each and every one of us. I didn't even say goodbye to him on Mondy simply because I couldn't!!!

Matt has led to us to win the High Brass award at this Championship and in 2008, along with taking High brass in the Class A Regionals in 2008.

He has agreed to stay on to help us through this transition and during the interview process and he will be a Consultant to the hornline.

If you are interested in the Brass Caption Head position for Fusion, please email both myself at Fusioncoredirect@gmail.com and Ed Bopp at edbopp@optonline.net.

Edited by hardcoremello

hate bumps but want to keep this up here for a little bit.

I will help you bump this up to the top!

And Congratulations too! I saw you in Bridgeport back in June, once in July and then again this weekend. you guys were TREMENDOUSLY improved throughout the season, and I really enjoyed your show and performance!! Great job and good luck for next year!!! :guinesssmilie:

edited for spelling...

Edited by Spartans87

I always love reading stories about staff (or even marching) members like Matt. Most corps have at least one person like that; the ones who would do just about anything for the good of their corps. I can think of a few in several different corps, but I won't embarrass them by naming them here. I know we all wish we could clone them and have a couple dozen around to make our lives easier all season long. Clearly Matt has done one helluva job during his tenure and whoever takes on this job will have some mighty big shoes to fill.

Your so right Sayre. We were BLESSED to have Matt.

Thank you Mike for your kind words as well :)!!!

Edited by hardcoremello

Especially when he's angry right Stef!!!! :thumbdown:

So I guess that I'm not the only one in my family line to have a DCA Gold Medal.

Congrats and best of luck Matt!

KKY EI

GLBOM