Has anyone ever done Salvation is Created by Chesnokov?

So that would be a "no", nobody has played it in competition. (at least no one has cited it so far).

Although a nice tune, isn't it a little "funereal"? Slow, like a dirge? I don't know how anyone could pull it off as part of their show, although if anyone could.....it would probably be Phantom.

I think Spirit played it as part of their show in 1986 (or maybe it was 1987).

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played it as a warm up in the FMF Pacific Drum & Bugle Corps (Kaneohe), the Ohio Brass Factory Senior Corps and the Wyandotte Royal Lancers Senior Corps. And if I remember even used it in the Renaissance Senior Corps in 80. Nice piece.

So that would be a "no", nobody has played it in competition. (at least no one has cited it so far).

Although a nice tune, isn't it a little "funereal"? Slow, like a dirge? I don't know how anyone could pull it off as part of their show, although if anyone could.....it would probably be Phantom.

It might be by people who are conducting what they feel and crapping all over the composer's intent.

Salvation Is Created is a Hallelujah. People take it too slow all the freaking time and the only reason they have for it is "it feels good." That's not good enough.

Nice work, that was beautiful. Did you listen to the Dale Warland singers version i posted?

yes, i did a couple years ago when my chapter of Phi Mu Alpha was preparing to sing it....as u may have guessed, that link i posted was NOT something i was a part of. lol...that's just the same arrangement i sang. lol