Menomonie Review

In third place was senior corps Minnesota Brass from St. Paul. Senior corps members are over the age of 21 and can range in age to more than 70. These guys can hit the high notes in the soprano range and just love drum corps.

Note: Senior corps is open to ALL ages 16-??? It's a great alternative for those young people who don't have a whole summer to donate to a corps since the commiment is weekend-only. It's also a great start for young people with aspirations of marching in a junior corps... as good as any div 2 or 3 corps. Just thought I'd make a shameless plug ;)

I had to grin as I watched Joel Becker, Dunn County News sports editor, photographer and drum corps alumnus, crouching, moving along the sidelines of the field, and running up and down the steps of the stadium to photograph each corps. The photos in today's edition are testimony to his stamina, his interest and his knowledge of this musical sport.

I ran into Joel during intermission. We played together in Concert Band in college and went to high schools in the same conference, and had no idea each other had any tie to drum corps. He was involved before college, myself after.

Since you obviously must know him - do you have an email address for him? I checked the webpage for the paper, and couldn't find one. Neither of us had business cards handy at the show.... Or, feel free to pass along my email address to him if possible.

Thanks! :D