Warm ups? Really? Warm ups?

Was just reading the youtube guideline threads. Really? Warm ups are even banned? You mean to tell me that a drumline playing 8 on a hand or a hornline playing a lips slur or chord progression is copyright infringement?

I get the rest, but that one seems a little excessive - unless I'm reading it wrong. And by the way, even if a hornline uses a melody in their chord progression (space chords etc...) Technically by law it has to be a certain length to be considered copyright infringement. One quote of Close Encounters does not count.

Can we re-think this and not be so OCD about it?

Edited by txpride
  • Like 1

Apparently everyone's ideas are now guided by fear.

Welcome to the Tens.

Seriously though, there is NOTHING illegal about a hornline or drumline playing warm up routines. To ban those types of media is absurd!

/sarcasm

That might accidentally promote DCI in a hot new media and outside of the confines of FanNetwork. Lips slurs and 8 on a hand are trade secrets developed exclusively for drum corps. You are actually breaching the Patriot Act bring up these absurdities. /sarcasm

Question: don't you have to know what something is first to be a fan?

• Like 2

Epic use of sarcasm, Hammondbrass! :-) It plays to my point quite nicely. Thanks! I suppose what I would further suggest is that by just blindly banning anything drum corps related on youtube that's "not linked to an actual drum corps site" is like throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

I fully agree with the censorship of copyrighted meterial. But not every private drum corps video on youtube is copyrighted material. Brass and drumline warm ups certainly are not.

DCP was founded on CYA principles. Morality Police is part of the idea of "moderation" in the first place. I had a link removed of a hornline playing one note: F, followed by music of Bach! I had no idea Bach's music was still copywrit, lol.

"Better safe than sorry!"

Logic be ######. All part of DCP's charm; isn't it sweet?

Education is lost with this policy, that's how ludicrous it is.

EDIT: even the word "darned" [well, u know what I mean] is suppressed, laughable!

Edited by Bruckner8
  • Like 1

Interesting you mention "education". There are also legal exceptions to media deemed as for "educaional purposes".

Again, we're just throwing out the baby with the bathwater. How about we just use our brains? If it's TRULT copyrighted, absolutely! Censor it, PLEASE! But do your fricken homework first and make sure it's illegal. To just blindly ban all youtube material "unless linked from a corps website" is not only absurd and excessive, it's LAZY!

Edited by txpride