Question

If I'm understanding correctly, you're saying corps "A" is keeping all the dues money paid by the members and is inactive? Whats more they can't march with corps "B" until they pay inactive corps "A" the balance of their dues? That can't be the intent of the rule. You are expected to get value for your dues, a years worth of marching. If that opportunity is not provided, to me, the agreement is void and I would want my money back. Being a realist, I know that's probably not going to happen. At the very least, they should be allowed to march in corps "B". When Erie Thunder went inactive, I was pretty irate about it if anyone remembers. Dues money was part of the reason why.

Edited by Mike_B

If I'm understanding correctly, you're saying corps "A" is keeping all the dues money paid by the members and is inactive? Whats more they can't march with corps "B" until they pay inactive corps "A" the balance of their dues? That can't be the intent of the rule. You are expected to get value for your dues, a years worth of marching. If that opportunity is not provided, to me, the agreement is void and I would want my money back. Being a realist, I know that's probably not going to happen. At the very least, they should be allowed to march in corps "B". When Erie Thunder went inactive, I was pretty irate about it if anyone remembers. Dues money was part of the reason why.

no no no..... going with what the OP was posting. that the members "owes" money from previous year/s.

also as far as I know there is no rule in DCA. just agreements but not with all corps under all conditions. case by case. there is some kind of rule in DCI and some DCI corps enforce if a member owes a DCA corps.

Edited by hotdogchompa

what if the corps A is in-active and members wants to still join corps B ? That could include a bunch of recent corps that went inactive. maybe a one year window if corps "A" does not come back. Corps "A" could also offer a percentage buyout deal like 50% of owed would clear the debt or a payment agreement. I would really hate to see younger kids who do not have a good source of income be turned away. I guess it's not that simple as pay-up or stay home. Corps A could have offered fund-raisers that offered to offset dues. when they go inactive they lost the chance and now the ex-member must come up with all cash to march another corps.

If you say so......my mistake.