What brand of crotales?

Miss A

I am buying new crotales so I am looking for input. We currently have a set of Zildjian and they have lasted only about 6 years so I'm kind of disappointed. Of the one octave set I purchased, only 4 are still in tune and resonate properly. Any recommendations? Paiste? Sabian? Try Zildjian again?

I am buying new crotales so I am looking for input. We currently have a set of Zildjian and they have lasted only about 6 years so I'm kind of disappointed. Of the one octave set I purchased, only 4 are still in tune and resonate properly. Any recommendations? Paiste? Sabian? Try Zildjian again?

Honest question,.............how do crotales get out of tune?

Zildjians? Out of tune? What are you doing with them.....If Zilds dont hold up your not gonna like either of the other two!!!

The school I tech at has had the same set of Zildjian high octave crotales for well over a decade. Outside of a couple issues with the bracket that they sit on, they're perfectly good.

What are your students playing on them with?

Honest question,.............how do crotales get out of tune?

I can think of a few ways, Gary. But all of them involve large hammers, blow torches, domesticated camels, and two cases of Iron City.

Edited by The Oz