Grid U:Back in the Day with Jeff Prosperie

MAN, freaked me out when Paul rennick left regiment for SCV -- Paul & Sandy made that percussion section what it was -- and I wondered from the day they (PR BOD) announced his leaving why onearth they )PR) pursue Jeff Prosperie once again? Does West Point & the Hell cats take up that much time/travel he could not write/tour with the corps? I just think, being caption head & on the drum staff w/Phantom for so many years and knowing what the organization is, their history and their musical emnodiment WHY on earth did they not exten an offer to him?

I am not a drum instructor, but I have degrees in brass, music ed etc and I would think logically - you'd want someone who was familiar with the history, traditions and musical style Regiment has rather than someone new to their type of musical choices. I've studied up on Shane Gwltney & he has the chops and training -- I just don't think he was the best choice. MHOO (My humble opiniion only).

Soldier Prosperie is extremely great drummer and instructor -- AND, he has been in the current mainstream judging circuit to know exactly what the trends, tricks etc are. I've gone and looked art video (from several sources) of Gwaltney's lines and while musical, theier technical talent doesn't seem to be the level of expectancy that a Top 12 DCI world class corps demands.

MOW BEFORE YOU ALL BREAK OUT THE FLAME THROWERS at me.... I am NOT challenging or questioning Mr. Gwaltney's ability to produce a good drumline (others have mentioned the suspect comments & theories I have on this same board) but rather who the actiual candidates pursued actually were? Gosh, Lee Beddis, Marty Hurley, again Jeff Prosperie among others would have seemed a more 'logocal' choice given all the Regiment employs in their staff from the past 50 years or so. Thoughts?

SO SORRY for all the typo's -- using a DROID keypad in a car! I am quite the prophetic speller as well as being gramatically correct!

I've gone and looked art video (from several sources) of Gwaltney's lines and while musical, theier technical talent doesn't seem to be the level of expectancy that a Top 12 DCI world class corps demands.

MOW BEFORE YOU ALL BREAK OUT THE FLAME THROWERS at me.... I am NOT challenging or questioning Mr. Gwaltney's ability to produce a good drumline (others have mentioned the suspect comments & theories I have on this same board) but rather who the actiual candidates pursued actually were? Gosh, Lee Beddis, Marty Hurley, again Jeff Prosperie among others would have seemed a more 'logocal' choice given all the Regiment employs in their staff from the past 50 years or so. Thoughts?

This is not a flame, I am just curious if you looked outside of DCI to see his best work. If not, I strongly encourage you to:

Personally, I think that there is Top 12 potential with what that man is doing.

As far as the other candidates, I am not sure who was considered, but I think Mr. Prosperie is still a DCI judge and that would take him out of the running for the gig.

*I believe I can post this as it was released by MCM and Pearl, but if not please remove it.

Edited by doylejd