Selling G Bugles

Contra94

Sorry for the delay, Website is back up.

http://www.renegades.org/store/Horns/

2Valve/3Valve and a couple Piston Rotor horns

Edited by Contra94

Not looking to purchase any of these, but I was very curious about the Kanstul P-R contra...I didn't know there was such a beast.

My recollection is that Kanstul as an independent company came about in '90 or '91 - well beyond the era of the P-R bugle. Is this a prototype from the earlier collaborative years of VK and Ziggy?

Anyone have any insight into this?

Thanks!

Im interested in the euph. How can I get more pics of the euph? What makes it "poor" condition? Thanks.

I would direct any questions to: http://www.renegades...tus&mode=update

also, Usually you can get some help if you email: info@renegades.org , Just ask them if you can get some pictures of the Euph

Edited by Contra94

Not looking to purchase any of these, but I was very curious about the Kanstul P-R contra...I didn't know there was such a beast.

My recollection is that Kanstul as an independent company came about in '90 or '91 - well beyond the era of the P-R bugle. Is this a prototype from the earlier collaborative years of VK and Ziggy?

Thanks!

I am also wondering this, I had no idea that Kanstul made P-R bugles

-bump- These Instruments are priced to sell!

• 2 weeks later...

-bump-

These are some instruments that need a little TLC!

I was very curious about the Kanstul P-R contra...I didn't know there was such a beast.

Check out the link, blow up the pic, and you will see it is an Olds Ultratone for sale.

But Kanstul HAS made 2 piston + 1 rotary contras for the USMC.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

You don't know your history =)

Zig Kanstul ran the factory at F.E. Olds where the first quality bugles were made. He designed the first upright-valve bugles, and built the famous "American Command" bugles while at Benge, which later became the template for King bugles. Zig began building bugles under his own name in the late '80's. At one time five of the top six drum corps all played Kanstul bugles, and the Blue Devils won something on the order of nine high brass titles with Kanstul horns.

Kanstul Musical Instruments still builds G bugles, and has built a set of custom bugles for the US Marines Drum & Bugle Corps.

It appears that bugles whose lineage can be traced to Zig might be affectionately referred to by some as "Kanstul", even some P/R horns.

All modern marching brass (Dynasty, King, Jupiter, Yamaha) can be traced directly to Zig's designs.

On another note, many Olds, King and Kanstul bugles available on the used market can be repaired and refurbished fairly inexpensively here at the Kanstul factory in Anaheim.

Regards,

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

We still have about 20 Horns for sale! This is your chance to own some of Drum Corps history! Many of these horns have come from SCV,BD and other Drum Corps!

and as Charles has stated, if the horns need any work, you can send them to the Kanstul factory and have them fully restored! (Have personally met the people at the factory and would trust them with my most prized instruments) Their staff is THE BEST of the best

Edited by Contra94