New Open Class Corps for 2011

Just wondering if there is a list of the new corps that have been approved by DCI to tour this year... anybody???

(cue crickets)

I don't think there are any,............

I know of KnightFire and that's it.... I figured there were a least a couple more though

I know of KnightFire and that's it.... I figured there were a least a couple more though

I'm positive Knightfire will not be on the field this year as an independent corps. They "merged" with Racine Scouts in hopes to come up with a minimum of 30 members.

Pictures of the combined camp on Racine Scouts Facebook page for those of you interested.

From the Director- I want to take a moment to dispell any misinformation regarding KnightFire DBC. We formed in 2006 and have been functioning as a parade and exhibition Corps as we continue to build a Corps worthy of competing in DCI Open Class. The staff and I believe that we are still a few years away from seeking membership into DCI as we want to be sure that once we commit, we will have staying power. That has been our goal all along. As far as a merger with the Racine Scouts, we have combined resources and membership to give Knightfire members a "DCI" experience sooner, rather than later. There hasn't been a whole lot released about this partnership as we are still fine tuning the logistics, so if you all can be patient, both Corps' management will release all the details as soon as possible. Until then I ask that you refrain from participating in the time honored "Rumour Mill" and if you have specific questions, feel free to contact either myself or the Director of the Racine Scouts.

Sincerely,

Gary Schumann

Executive Director

KnightFire Drum & Bugle Corps

Edited by KnightFire D&B Corps

From the Director- I want to take a moment to dispell any misinformation regarding KnightFire DBC. We formed in 2006 and have been functioning as a parade and exhibition Corps as we continue to build a Corps worthy of competing in DCI Open Class. The staff and I believe that we are still a few years away from seeking membership into DCI as we want to be sure that once we commit, we will have staying power. That has been our goal all along. As far as a merger with the Racine Scouts, we have combined resources and membership to give Knightfire members a "DCI" experience sooner, rather than later. There hasn't been a whole lot released about this partnership as we are still fine tuning the logistics, so if you all can be patient, both Corps' management will release all the details as soon as possible. Until then I ask that you refrain from participating in the time honored "Rumour Mill" and if you have specific questions, feel free to contact either myself or the Director of the Racine Scouts.

Sincerely,

Gary Schumann

Executive Director

so where is this rumour mill? Your website says you have been approved for Open Class... and apparently from what you just noted above... you are combining with the Racine Scouts for this season. Sounds like facts and not a rumour mill to me.

Sincerely,

Gary Schumann

Executive Director

So as you stated, my statement was a fact. Racine Scouts and Knightfire merged for the season.

Good Luck with the season. As always, Please let me know how I can be of any assistance to you guys.

so where is this rumour mill? Your website says you have been approved for Open Class... and apparently from what you just noted above... you are combining with the Racine Scouts for this season. Sounds like facts and not a rumour mill to me.

There is absolutely NO mention on my website that states that we are "approved" for open class. There never has been, as we have NEVER sought approval. That is exactly what I meant about THE RUMOUR MILL.

So as you stated, my statement was a fact. Racine Scouts and Knightfire merged for the season.

Good Luck with the season. As always, Please let me know how I can be of any assistance to you guys.

I appreciate the thoughts and yes you are not completely wrong. As I stated, we are marching with the Racine Scouts this season but I ask that you be cautious in using the term "merge". Most see this as a term that incinuates that one group is being absorbed by the other. I want to make it clear that our Corps, Knightfire will still function autonomously as we continue to work towards membership in Drum Corps International. This is our ultimate goal as is with most corps starting out and we will continue to build our infrastructure and membership to work towards that end. I don't know who you are nor do I know if you are actually privy to the terms of our agreement with the Racine Scouts. All I ask is that you help me by referring to this as a "Partnership" so as to help maintain Knightfire's identity. Thank you.

I appreciate the thoughts and yes you are not completely wrong. As I stated, we are marching with the Racine Scouts this season but I ask that you be cautious in using the term "merge". Most see this as a term that incinuates that one group is being absorbed by the other. I want to make it clear that our Corps, Knightfire will still function autonomously as we continue to work towards membership in Drum Corps International. This is our ultimate goal as is with most corps starting out and we will continue to build our infrastructure and membership to work towards that end. I don't know who you are nor do I know if you are actually privy to the terms of our agreement with the Racine Scouts. All I ask is that you help me by referring to this as a "Partnership" so as to help maintain Knightfire's identity. Thank you.

Will do.

I Look forward to seeing the results of this partnership in June!!!! :smile:

• Like 1