Livestream of Bill Cook musical tribute Wednesday at 5:30 EST

I just found about about this livestream webcast of a musical tribute to Bill Cook on June 1 starting at 6:30 pm Eastern Standard Time. The event is being held at the IU Auditorium and will feature two musical selections by Star United, Charles Webb (from the DCI PBS broadcast) on organ and an IU ensemble. (I forget which one.) I'm told it is going to be archived afterwards.

Here's the URL to Wednesday's livestream of the celebration.

Here's the direct link to the entire production.

Star United plays "When You Wish Upon a Star" at the beginning and at 15:30 plays "Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral." The first was the first piece Bill heard Star of Indiana play and the second was the last he heard Star United play, which was at Bob Lendman's memorial service in April. (For those who are newer on the scene, they played it because Bob was director of Phantom Regiment when the corps played the piece. Bill was so taken back by it he mentioned he would love to have it played at his own service some day.)

As a bonus, John Mellencamp did his number at 38:10.

At 77:45, you can hear the Indiana University Symphony Orchestra play the finale of Saint-Saens' "Organ Symphony." The members of the orchestra came back from their summer vacation for a quick three-hour rehearsal on the piece to learn it and play it at the event. When they were called and requested to come back to campus, they were told that as aspiring professionals, this is something professionals do...come out a a moment's notice and deliver the goods. I was most impressed with what they pulled off.