Advice Please: Las Vegas to Denver

Denver weather

Hey folks, I was hoping to get some thoughts from the group. I'm planning on driving from Las Vegas to Denver tomorrow for Drums Along the Rockies. I've done the drive before and it's pretty simple, but the weather looks like it's going to rain off and on the next few days. I'm a little worried about mudslides or flooded areas driving in through the Rockies tomorrow and out on Sunday. I'm willing to brave the weather, but my big concern is braving the weather, getting to Denver and then Drums is canceled because of the same rain.

So, what are the thoughts from the group?

(sorry if I posted this in the wrong place)

Assuming you are driving I-15 to I-70, I wouldn't worry about mudslides. The biggest issue for you will be some road work over Vail pass that has the road down to one lane (I was just up there this weekend). But unfortunately there isn't much alternative once you start that path.

The south alternative (I-40) and north alternative (I-80) would probably take you longer even if you were to experience a delay for mudslides or road work.

Rain in Colorado is usually short when it happens, so even if there is rain, at most look for a delayed DATR not a cancelled one.

According to weather sites, there might be some scattered showers in the evening but nothing too serious. There has been a threat of rain at every DATR I've been to, but there has never been any problem. We had a real soaker today, but that's pretty rare.

Edited by gimpy