Well I'm not sure if this has been announced but..

Jubal from The Netherlands are performing on the Friday night.

Jubal from The Netherlands are performing on the Friday night.

It's already been assumed they won't make the cut for top 25???? I thought they were competing in OC, not performing as an "alumni corps".

It's already been assumed they won't make the cut for top 25???? I thought they were competing in OC, not performing as an "alumni corps".

I "think" they have some overage members so they're not eligible to compete under DCI rules... I'm not 100% sure on that one, I may be wrong.

I "think" they have some overage members so they're not eligible to compete under DCI rules... I'm not 100% sure on that one, I may be wrong.

On the "Forum Home" page, under "Recent Scores", from Atlanta they are listed as DCI Open Class-which lead me to believe they are competing in OC. I could also be wrong, but that is how arrived at my conclusion. Can anyone out there tell us for sure?

It is Jubal's 100th anniversary. I wouldn't be surprised if they made the 25 cut that they wouldn't do both. They do prelims finals shows fairly regularly over in Europe. plus they would be on early enough in semis for that.

Listen to the field pass episode where Dan interviews the director for Jubal.

Yeah, this gives some info about them. Basically they will be competing with everyone else, even though they don't follow the same age rules, and they will be allowed to advance, even to finals if their scores warrant that (unlikely it appears), but in the case of finals at least, a 13th corps would be added to the schedule if Jubal made it in. Not sure if a 26th will be added if Jubal makes semis, which seems possible, assuming they are being scored on the WC sheets.

Edited by skywhopper
  • Like 1