Song Lyrics-"Drum Corps Days"

Hey,

I have had several email requests for thr lyrics to song I've written "Drum Corps Days". Song available on itunes. Lyrics below. As per request also on Amazon + CD baby (MP3's.)Thanks

Thanks for your support. Brian Turner

"Drum Corps Days" © 2011 Brian L.Turner

Vs.1

My drum corps days were some of the best of my life

Travlin' around the country in a beat up old bus,yeah

The lessons that we would learn,didn't understand at the time

Would help us to deal with the struggles of life and develop the right attitudes

Vs.2

Practiced at the fire hall and the St. Pauls church too

Tuesday and Thursday nights,Seven to Nine O'clock,yeah

Capriccio Espagnol and Toccata Marziale

We learned all those licks without to many ticks and had judges (Dave Richards) just laughing out loud.

Bridge

If you look back ,now I'm sure you will agree

The places you've seen and the friendships you've made will be with you for all of your life

So many drum corps,yet we share these memories

Sleepin' on the gym floor,ther gonna rewrite that drill again.

Chorus 1

Remember your Drum Corps Days, you had the time of your life

You'd know just what I mean if you were there

It's hard to explain what you felt when you stepped on that field

But you'd know just what I mean if you were there.

Verse 3: (74-75 Muchacho Tribute)

The summer of 74,now the big boys came to town

The west coast took the title but a corps from the east (Muchachos) stole the show

A legend was born that night that the passage of time can't erase

I'll never forget the chants of the crowd as J.K. (Jeff Kievit) blew down the house.

Verse 4

The following year our little corp from New Yorks southern tier (Southern Tier Grenadiers)

Managed to stand up to the big guns at prelims in Lowell.(Ma)

We played pretty well,didn't march worth a ####

Managed to take top M.A. yet finished in 12th place that day.

Bridge

That was our high point and I'm sure you will agree

The hours of practice in 90 degrees on a breakfast of donuts and juice (Tang)

Clean up your Uni's and polish those shoes

How many times did those buses break down ?, Olympic retreats in the rain.

Chorus 2+3 repeat.

and yes that is a marching percussion solo after the 2nd chorus. Hope this makes the song easier to understand. Thanks for listening. B.Turner

Edited by Mellomad

Hey,

Had an additional request for the lyrics at the end.

Accapella Coda Lyrics:

Drum Corps Days,some of my memories from those days gone by.

Remember the: Bad food in Butler,(Pa) self service cornfields in Ohio (US Open) and "A" formation too.Mercy,mercy,man you know that Mark he could play,he set the bar high,I never quite got there. Donnie lit the fire down in Easton,Pa. Nicky + Jimmy at Indiantown Gap,Good thing Jimmy could run. Bert and Glenn,our leaders within led the horns,and Kurt led the drums.Mitch layed down that Cadenza,man I'll bet he could play it today.Ya got Harry (Eldreidge) and Randy (May) and Donnie(Cross)

and Pat (Woods) Brian + Mark (Stanley) and the Ricciardi (Mike + Larry) boys.And the true spirit of our corps,man we all miss you Dicky O. (The one and only Dick Ovens)

Got your sunburst (Troopers), and your Conquest (Boston Crusaders) and that Bottle Dancin' too (Santa Clara Vanguard)

Slaughter (Madison Scouts) and the Choo Choo (Racine Kitlies) and Georgia was on our Mind (Spirit of Atlanta)

8 Track Tapes,those rotary valves, and the sweet smell of diesel fuel. 4 parades on the 4th of july, hoppin' the fence at the local town pool.

Overnight trip to exocitic locals, (Titusville,Pa,Oswego + Fulton,N.Y) and the corps from the Glen (Watkins Glen Squires) that we couldn't quite catch

The parents and the volunteers (to many to mentioned,god bless you all) who all helped us along the way.

The kids that we got from that green and gold band (Vestal Band, Vestal,N.Y.) sure helped us to get where we got.

Now I don't know about you ,but I'm a drum corps Nut indeed, Thank you Mr. Bailey. (Founder Apalachin Grenadiers.)

Who booked that show down in Bedford-Stuyvesant, man that was a trip

Thanks, B.Turner

SCV84,Sorry for the Hey. I didn't think that people who slept on gym floors were that formal. Love Santa Clara. Time for a championship !

Hey, there appears to be a pattern to the beginning of every post in this thread... oh, and thanks for the acapella coda lyrics too!

music.gif