DCI Vlog

35 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested?

• Sure!
    • Nope.

So I'm finally beginning my DCI adventure this December with the Cavaliers and I've been thinking about doing a DCI vlog and uploading it to YouTube while on tour. I was wondering what you guys think about this and if you would be interested in viewing it. If not, then I won't bother.

Edited by oOTrumpetOo

That actually sounds really cool. I was tempted to do one last season...that'd be pretty cool for others to be able to see what tour life is like/remember what it's like.

• Like 1

I would encourage any member of any corps to first check with their corps management to find out their opinions of such endeavors. We all love content, but no one here would want any member to get in trouble with their corps for putting up such content.

• Like 3

Don't you need to make the corps first? Did I miss something major? O.o

Not to be rude but I was thinking exactly the same thing. How do you know you'll make the Cavaliers?

• Like 1

Wow, I'm really surprised and grateful for all the positive feedback!

@Michael

I'll be sure not to post any content that corps management doesn't want made public.

It's not just that. Some corps prefer their PR to come from a central source. Other corps have had members blogging, but it has passed through a management clearing process first. Some of it has to do with keeping certain things under wraps until the instructors know for sure that these things will make it into the show, or they wish to not jump the gun. Your milage may vary.

And, yeah...have you already made the corps?

• Like 2

Sounds to me like this individual needs to worry about the important things before they worry about what may very well be the LEAST important thing to someone who hasn't marched DCI before.

Focus on making the corps, A corps, ANY corps.

• Like 2

i have a feeling if you make the corps and suggest the idea, they might look into it, just with a vet who has several years in the organization and one that they produce. phantom has done something similar with a member who has a diary they post on their site almost daily.

what's the cavaliers policy on electronics now? still no cell phones?

I'd love to see something like that. It's always great to see the

behind-the-scenes stuff from any Corps...especially when I'm only

able to see 2 or 3 live shows each summer.

• Like 1