Ludwig Challenger Snare Drums

kmansdrummin

I'm looking for any used 14 inch Ludwig Challenger Snare Drums. Our Drumline (Pacific Alliance, Seattle WA is in the process of reconditioning them for use. They have a great deep sound when used with the Ludwig Silverdot Top Head.

We are also looking for the 14 inch Ludwig Challenger Snare Drum Hoops. 4 top rims, and 2 bottom rims.

Any input would be helpful.

Thanks, Kevin

I scan Ebay all the time for the parts I need. If you aren't in a hurry eventually everything comes up. Also, I think they are still selling challengers, try buying from a drum shop or online?

I think they came in 8, 10 and 12 lug. Which are you looking for?

Great question. I'm looking for the 12 lug model. I was able to get a few from e-bay yesterday, but am still looking for more.

I am looking for a 12 lug "super sensitive" snare. Have you seen any around? I've only been looking for a while but they are rare.

I bought this raggedy challenger in 2007. I stripped it, sanded it, and stained it. I had a local drum shop do the clear coat for me because I don't have the skills to make it look professional. I use the Ludwig silver dot and a standard Ludwig snare side head. As much as I love my Yamaha SFZ I have to say my challenger sounds better in every way. It spends most of it's time covered in plastic (like my SFZ) but it gets much more play time. Best of luck finding more of these. I truly believe the Ludwig Challenger to be the best sounding marching snare ever made! :thumbup:

FinalChallengerPic.jpg

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 1