GuardBuzz 2012

guardguy05

Just to let everyone know, www.guardbuzz.com is back up and running for the 2012 season.

I did a complete overhaul of the site from scratch. Hopefully it's nicer to look at and quick to load! I should be able to get rankings up much quicker this year since I have completely automated the process (thank you Python). I'm also adding in rankings for the regional A classes. Until the first week of competition, all the divisions are blank, except for the regional A classes which display the "end of the year" rankings for those divisions.

The ads are still there, but if I get enough donations to cover the cost of hosting the site, I'll take them down for the rest of the season. The Google Ads barely cover the hosting cost over the course of a season as it is.

I'm looking forward to what the season has in store!

• Like 4

Thank you for doing this, and for so many years. You are the unsung hero of the color guard world.

Very true!!!

• Like 2

much appreciated! :thumbup:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Week #1 results are posted on www.guardbuzz.com

Nease HS sits leaps and bounds above the rest of Sch. A.

SCV and Pride take a substantial lead over the rest of Ind. World.

Flanagan and Carmel look like they're geared up to sit at the top.

Let the fun begin!

Which browser are you using? It looks like Internet Explorer 7 and 8 are not working correctly. We're currently up to Internet Explorer 9. I would suggest upgrading or using a different browser if that's the problem. If you're using another browser, or IE9 or IE10Preview let me know.

It's working in Firefox, Opera, and Safari as far as I know. I haven't spent the time to try to fix all the Internet Explorer problems. They refuse to support coding standards generally, and thus why I think it's a junk browser.

In the meantime, if the site isn't working for you, add the initials of the class you want to look at after guardbuzz.com. For example, for Independent World, www.guardbuzz.com/iw.html For Scholastic Open, www.guardbuzz.com/so.html That will show you the units attending WGI.

Edited by guardguy05
  • Like 1

Ok, the site should now work in Internet Explorer 8+. I still haven't figured out what's causing the issue in IE7. I'll look into it a bit more, but honestly, I think most people are at least IE8 or above. Let me know if anyone else has problems!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I decided to add one final post this year to Guardbuzz. If you go to the site, you'll see the WGI placements in front of the projected rankings. It's interesting to see how close the rankings are to the actual results. Of course there are always the groups that clean up A LOT those last few weeks to create some surprises at the end of the season, and unfortunately those that have a bad run in prelims. You'll see a lot of movement in the A classes!

I just wanted to give a shout out to this years' movers and shakers....

IW - Opus 10 (this seems to be a yearly trend)

IO - Brigadiers, Pride of Missouri State, Les Eclipses

SO - North Syracuse Central!!

IA - Lexis, MEDEA, Q,

SA - West Orange!!! Ola, Bryan, Cary, Lake Park, Irondale, Plainfield, Hillsborough, Chesterton, Cleveland, Jenison, Dartmouth, Middletown

I'm sure there's more, but those were the ones that stuck out to me.

It was a great season for winter guard, and I'll see you all again in February!

www.guardbuzz.com