It begins....

...maybe I can don a Zorro mask and slip-in on one of those "lot" incursions!

cgee

Charlie, you wear whatever u want... ill email u the Contra part ASAP.

Chris, this sounds like something I always wanted to be a part of. Experts only on G bugle playing 80's and 90's drum corps music! I think you will be very successful. If I wasn't going to be rehearsing and performing with the Renegades I would like to audition. I look forward to the inevitable Youtube videos of your group, and hopefully I'll catch a performance on the the Renegades LA tour. Best of Luck!

SopRuss,

As The Ballad (TBA) is dedicated to your brother ... you do not need to audition. If u can march in the future---> just grab a horn and come to one of our monthly rehearsals. I don't care how good u r.

MUCH LOVE,

----Tap

Since you are obviously going to be the very definition of "old skool", may we also assume that the sweet electric bass guitar will also be pitched in "G"?

Cuz we all noez that only the "G" electric bass can provide the proper amount of "Bow Chicka Bow Wow" for a G-Petatonic scale.

There's no skool like the old skool, yo!

p.s. If I play Mellow, but I have a intense tone quality, could I just go ahead and play Mello instead? U know, to avoid any confusion.

p.s.s. Rut-Roh.

One Mellow Spot left. 2nd Mellow ----- dont get the wrong idea this part is CRUCIAL and will have muchas opportunidades para RUNS, LICKS and screaming double-Gs. I will add a MELLOW.3/ALTO spot if interest runs high enough to accommodate. Most of your part would be in the D(in the staff) to doubleG range... that work for you? If so post a video on youtube and post the link here. or on my fb. chris.e.welke@gmail.com or chriswelke@blogspot.com

Bcuz my Contra player is more of a 'special guest' than a 'member' ... im looking for a Bass player (ANY BASS!!!) who can make all the reh's and showz.

We need Bassmusic.gif to tune down to and for the kit to key the rhythm off of. BASS = the foundation that will form the Pyramid that is The GreenLight Advantage.

Regards,

-T

I marched 16 years of corps, both in DCI and DCA, and I was never asked to play a G-pentatonic scale, or any pentatonic scale, or mixolydian, or anything like that.

I was wondering why someone would need to know those scales in a mini-corps type setting?

I jus' joshin' y'all abt. knowin all 5,000 scales thatr out there... If u can read music in treble or bass clef u are A-OK. The point was that it would be nice to have soloists who can IMPROV .... this being Minicorps we will have improvised solos .... if Am7 or G9 or F7 mean gibberish to u, no worries the solo spots are already full up anywayz.....

Not trying to be snobbish I just don't anyone to waste their own time .... or mine.

Time = $$$ and I have precious little of both.:rock:

BTW Gpenta = G, Bb, C, D, F, not rocket science my friend. Root, min3rd, 5th, 6th, min7th. Its really cool jazz that was written into all that really cool jazz you MUST have played since you have so much more DC exp. than I do. If that bothers you, then your post is likely flame-bait and I just bit down on it so now IM THE IDIOT; I'm gonna shut up n say

"GLA needs a 3rd Soprano, 2nd Mellow, 3rd Bar/Euph and 1 Bass instrument (Any)."

I love Drum Corps .... Go SCV. Go BD. Go Dream. Go 'Gades. Go Jim Ott Brass Ensemble :worthy::ph34r:

Hugs & Kisses, Tapper

I wasn't bothered by it at all. And I know what the G-pentatonic scale is. Nor was my post an attempt at flame bait. It was a legitimate question, as it's something I've never encountered before. Calm down.

• Like 3

I wasn't bothered by it at all. And I know what the G-pentatonic scale is. Nor was my post an attempt at flame bait. It was a legitimate question, as it's something I've never encountered before. Calm down.

Calmer than u r dude. :rock:

The_Big_Lebowski_Calmer_Than_you_are_Dude-T-link.jpg

Edited by Tapper7

See schedge; follow the link below... We plan to perform @ the SoCal shows in l8 June, July and August...

w/ a possible "home/family show" in Mission Viejo, CA [date/loc TBD/TBA] ~l8 August or early September....

plz visit and help me and Carl Allison support:

http://thesdca.org/

Small Drum Corps Association

c u on the '50' or whatever they call the center of a basketball court. :thumbup::tongue::blink::music::ph34r:

special thx 2 Carl for signing us up! u the man, man.:cool:

more info: Like my page to support SoCal Drum Corps... just a click + a captcha

Edited by Tapper7