Want to march drum corps for FREE?

Greetings drum corps members, fans and prospective marchers!

I am speaking on behalf of a brand new parade/stand still drum and bugle corps that has formed in Port Chester, NY. I am not here to shamelessly 'plug' the corps, (or am I? haha) but to just simply announce that a new corps has formed with quite the beginning strength. It's not too common you hear of new corps only starting up because of financial downfalls but starting fairly strong as well. There are a few unique aspects to this all age corps that I would like to bring to the public's attention here on DCP.

First off, as I wrote in the title, to join and become a member it costs you $0! Yes. No hidden fees anywhere. No fees for instruments, no fees for uniforms, no fees for instruction, no fees for traveling (except you traveling to rehearsal). This is one aspect that is UNHEARD OF in ANY CORPS! Now don't get me wrong just because there is not any cost on your end does not mean a sacrifice in the quality of the corps. We are playing on all brand new horns and drums. However there is not a front ensemble and the guard will be growing more once WGI ends.

Second, this corps gives back to the community. The town of Port Chester has allowed the partnership use of it's former YMCA which is now The Carver Center (a local youth center from early grade school through high school) and in return, a few of our members are working with 4th grade and beyond to create a 'cadet corps'. We are teaching them the basics of drumming, how to play a horn, military discipline and marching skills so hopefully by next summer they will be out on the street with the 'big boys'.

The brand new corps is called The Saints Brigade.

Another attractive plus that this corps offers is scholarships! Yes a drum corps that will actually PAY YOU to march. Now there are certain requirements to obtain a scholarship but nothing out of the ordinary. ATTENDANCE is the only thing that affects your standing towards a scholarship. If you are a high schooler looking for a little extra money towards college then this could benefit you if you interested in marching! This may apply to college students as well.

I'm just simply putting the corps name out there and seeking performers who are in high school and college through the 20s/30s age range. We currently have many high school kids which is fantastic but we are looking for a handful of some more experienced marchers. As in any beginnings of any new corps, the growth may be a little slow but that is fine. Over time WE WILL GROW but will it be with you?

The battery is planning on attending DCA's in Annapolis, MD this year to perform...we hope you're around to catch us and see what this is all about. We currently have 4 cymbal spots that are open with all brand new Sabian 18" cymbals and gear. Maybe you can strap up with us? :)

Expect to see some videos and updates from The Saints Brigade in the very near future. Right now you can check out our website at :

http://www.saintsbrigade.org/

We hope to see you soon!

Edited by rhythmaniacs
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Greetings drum corps members, fans and prospective marchers!

I am speaking on behalf of a brand new parade/stand still drum and bugle corps that has formed in Port Chester, NY. I am not here to shamelessly 'plug' the corps, (or am I? haha) but to just simply announce that a new corps has formed with quite the beginning strength. It's not too common you hear of new corps only starting up because of financial downfalls but starting fairly strong as well. There are a few unique aspects to this all age corps that I would like to bring to the public's attention here on DCP.

First off, as I wrote in the title, to join and become a member it costs you $0! Yes. No hidden fees anywhere. No fees for instruments, no fees for uniforms, no fees for instruction, no fees for traveling (except you traveling to rehearsal). This is one aspect that is UNHEARD OF in ANY CORPS! Now don't get me wrong just because there is not any cost on your end does not mean a sacrifice in the quality of the corps. We are playing on all brand new horns and drums. However there is not a front ensemble and the guard will be growing more once WGI ends.

Second, this corps gives back to the community. The town of Port Chester has allowed the partnership use of it's former YMCA which is now The Carver Center (a local youth center from early grade school through high school) and in return, a few of our members are working with 4th grade and beyond to create a 'cadet corps'. We are teaching them the basics of drumming, how to play a horn, military discipline and marching skills so hopefully by next summer they will be out on the street with the 'big boys'.

The brand new corps is called The Saints Brigade.

Another attractive plus that this corps offers is scholarships! Yes a drum corps that will actually PAY YOU to march. Now there are certain requirements to obtain a scholarship but nothing out of the ordinary. ATTENDANCE is the only thing that affects your standing towards a scholarship. If you are a high schooler looking for a little extra money towards college then this could benefit you if you interested in marching! This may apply to college students as well.

I'm just simply putting the corps name out there and seeking performers who are in high school and college through the 20s/30s age range. We currently have many high school kids which is fantastic but we are looking for a handful of some more experienced marchers. As in any beginnings of any new corps, the growth may be a little slow but that is fine. Over time WE WILL GROW but will it be with you?

The battery is planning on attending DCA's in Annapolis, MD this year to perform...we hope you're around to catch us and see what this is all about. We currently have 4 cymbal spots that are open with all brand new Sabian 18" cymbals and gear. Maybe you can strap up with us? :)

Expect to see some videos and updates from The Saints Brigade in the very near future. Right now you can check out our website at :

http://www.saintsbrigade.org/

We hope to see you soon!

I'm surprised not one person has asked a question. Well here we are now only 19 months after our initial birth and we are growing every day. The Saints have been featured among some great parades and performances thus far. We have been asked to perform before the 4th of July parade in Bristol, RI, have numerous DCA exhibition shows and many other great events planned. We have also brought on a number of wonderful sponsors such as: Tama Drums (first drum corps to use them), Vic Firth, Fred J. Miller, On2percussion and White Lightning. With the full horn line in attendance we are about 45-50 strong. Running a 8-9 person snare line, 4 tenors, 5 basses and still an open cymbal line. The guard is roughly around 14 or so. Everything else is still true and we're always looking for members seeking a fresh new unique opportunity if they cannot hit the field but still want to be part of drum corps. Come check us out at Bayonne, NJ this coming weekend. We will eventually have a full table/video booth set up.

http://www.saintsbrigde.org/ for more information!

• Like 1

Sounds like you are off to a good start. Any plans to hit the field?...God I miss the grass. But I'm an old fart now and everything creeks...lol

I'm surprised not one person has asked a question. Well here we are now only 19 months after our initial birth and we are growing every day. The Saints have been featured among some great parades and performances thus far. We have been asked to perform before the 4th of July parade in Bristol, RI, have numerous DCA exhibition shows and many other great events planned. We have also brought on a number of wonderful sponsors such as: Tama Drums (first drum corps to use them), Vic Firth, Fred J. Miller, On2percussion and White Lightning. With the full horn line in attendance we are about 45-50 strong. Running a 8-9 person snare line, 4 tenors, 5 basses and still an open cymbal line. The guard is roughly around 14 or so. Everything else is still true and we're always looking for members seeking a fresh new unique opportunity if they cannot hit the field but still want to be part of drum corps. Come check us out at Bayonne, NJ this coming weekend. We will eventually have a full table/video booth set up.

Best of luck. Hope it's a great year for every member. Will see you in Bayonne

Sounds like you are off to a good start. Any plans to hit the field?...God I miss the grass. But I'm an old fart now and everything creeks...lol

Thanks yes we are! There are no plans to hit the field. We are focusing on being as strong as we can in the street and exhibition arena. Well sometimes we might not be able to physically push ourselves on the field so maybe this could be a good opportunity to march! :winky:

Is it legal?

Is it legal?

That's an odd question. What do you mean? There is nothing illegal here except for maybe all the good things that keep happening to us! We are good...and true.

• Like 1

That's an odd question. What do you mean? There is nothing illegal here except for maybe all the good things that keep happening to us! We are good...and true.

I was just kidding! Seems almost too good to be true, but certainly best of luck with this!

I was just kidding! Seems almost too good to be true, but certainly best of luck with this!

hahh I should have known but you never know on DCP! :tongue:

Thank you for the support.