For kids who have marched multiple corps

Interesting. I feel that different styles of corps attract certain types of people in general in this weird, ethereal way that even I can barely understand but from corps to corps I feel like there are, in most cases considerable personality differences between the corps because of:

1. Region they're from/where the majority of members are from

2. Blending of personalities that happens over summer

3. The extroverts

4. Corps values

5. The aggregate of all of the above

I feel like this is somewhat related to colleges... big picture, colleges are full of 18-23 year old young adults who like to party, go to class, have fun, etc. But you can dig further down, and see that some colleges definitely attract certain kinds of people.

It makes sense that corps attract similar kids, regardless of which corps it is, because the activity is the same at each corps: wake up, get your ### kicked, strive to do your best. But going deeper, I definitely think that corps have a certain personality, and that personality is built by the administrative leadership, but also the kids. Sometimes there is huge staff turnover, but a corps will likely still have the same vibe on the inside from one year to the next, and that is because of the members.