August 1977 contest guild

I have been looking for a picture on the the front page of the august 77 free contest guild that was offered at the time for free. There is a pic of the 77 Anaheim Kingsmen on the cover with a pic of me pretty close up. If anyone has a copy of this that i could get a copy of said picture i would be so excited. I would like to pass this pic down to my grandkids. Thanks Tom Salvatore

• Like 1

Hi Tom. I know we discussed the fact that you thought you were looking for the August issue, but it turns out I don't think there was an August issue.

The July issue is volume 3 #4, while the October issue is volume 3 #5. It wasn't in either of those two issues. Could it have been another publication?

I don't believe another small, single sheet-type issue would have been released without also being numbered. DCI did issue those small Contest Guild sheets as seasonal updates during the

1975 and 1976 seasons, but they were numbered according to the preceding and following issues.

Whatever it is, I haven't run across it in my collection.

Well not sure. It wasn't a single sheet type. Remember seeing it and Mike McCool giving me crap about it is pretty much it. At the time i didn't really think much about it thought i would get one later or something. Now the picture can't be found. Oh well somethings you have just a memory.