Uniforms for Sale

Skylinersop16

Greetings everyone. My organization a while back acquired a full set of uniforms from the long defunct Red Raiders drum and bugle corps from the 1940's in Johnson City, NY. The corps represented the Frank A Johnson American Legion. These are wool, military style uniforms.

We were originally going to keep them and use them to get going but the weight combined with the small size of most of them make them almost impossible to use. Anyone that knows where Johnson City, NY is knows that we were hit very hard by flooding in September 2011. This resulted in us losing 25% of the inventory of uniforms.

Now we are looking to sell these as historical pieces to help fund our winter colorguard for the upcoming season. I am looking to send them off for $40 plus shipping and handling. This will cover the dry cleaning of the uniform before shipping. We are keeping a handful of them to disperse to the local museums and possibly keep 1 or 2 for our own historical purposes as they are now a part of our history as well. Everything else is up for grabs and you can have as many as you want. There are no surviving shakos but I can order replicas to complete the uniform if desired for an extra cost. Below is a picture. If interested, simply PM me or respond here and I will PM you.

IMG_20120625_235329.jpg

Greetings everyone. My organization a while back acquired a full set of uniforms from the long defunct Red Raiders drum and bugle corps from the 1940's in Johnson City, NY. The corps represented the Frank A Johnson American Legion. These are wool, military style uniforms.

We were originally going to keep them and use them to get going but the weight combined with the small size of most of them make them almost impossible to use. Anyone that knows where Johnson City, NY is knows that we were hit very hard by flooding in September 2011. This resulted in us losing 25% of the inventory of uniforms.

Now we are looking to sell these as historical pieces to help fund our winter colorguard for the upcoming season. I am looking to send them off for $40 plus shipping and handling. This will cover the dry cleaning of the uniform before shipping. We are keeping a handful of them to disperse to the local museums and possibly keep 1 or 2 for our own historical purposes as they are now a part of our history as well. Everything else is up for grabs and you can have as many as you want. There are no surviving shakos but I can order replicas to complete the uniform if desired for an extra cost. Below is a picture. If interested, simply PM me or respond here and I will PM you.

IMG_20120625_235329.jpg

These are pretty cool...I remember your dad and I finding them when we were renovating the attic for office space for "The Stateline Guard". We were planning on modeling our uni's after them. A great piece for drum corps collectors!

• Like 1

it's a shame they are tearing that legion down soon.