Madison Scouts 1971 songs

That vol reveals the moment when SCV made its presence known in the Midwest in '70. Does anyone know the particular show of that recording? Brian?

Racine, WI...the crowd went nuts from the beginning of the show to the end. And the PA announcer summed it up at the end saying "Wonderful show. Wonderful show."

July 3, 1970 Racine, WI

Troopers--- 76.00

Santa Clara---73.10

Blue Stars---72.50

Kilties---69.10

Thunderbolts---53.65

Racine Scouts---51.10

St. Patrick's Imperials---45.65

If it was Racine, where did the Scouts finish? They're on the "Midwest '70" album also.

If it was Racine, where did the Scouts finish? They're on the "Midwest '70" album also.

I have a recording done by audio pioneer Dale Johnson that was done at North American Nationals finals

Those scores were:

July 11, 1970

SCV---82.50

Troopers---81.55

Cavaliers---80.35

Madison---77.75

Blue Stars---76.95

Kilties---76.45

Argonne Rebels---74.85

Garfield---74.40

De La Salle---71.60

St. Paul Scouts---70.50

Edited by Northern Thunder

I have a recording done by audio pioneer Dale Johnson that was done at North American Nationals finals

Those scores were:

July 11, 1970

SCV---82.50

Troopers---81.55

Cavaliers---80.35

Madison---77.75

Blue Stars---76.95

Kilties---76.45

Argonne Rebels---74.85

Garfield---74.40

De La Salle---71.60

St. Paul Scouts---70.50

Thanks, Brian. I have Dale's DVD at North American. I'm niggling, but I'm almost certain that the Scout recording at North American is not the same show that appears on the Fleetwood album (drum and horn errors at NA that don't appear on Fleetwood). It's interesting that the Troopers and Blue Stars appear twice on the Fleetwood series dedicated to "Midwest '70"--Troopers on vols. 1 & 4, Blue Stars on vols. 1 & 2, making me wonder if perhaps the "Midwest '70" series is an amalgam of two different Midwest shows? Just wondering.

I'm fairly certain that the recording was from more than one contest.

I agree. I know we also had a recording of our Milwaukee show about a week after the Racine show. We scored higher and won that night but the show in Racine was the one where we came into our own [as described earlier].

I agree. I know we also had a recording of our Milwaukee show about a week after the Racine show. We scored higher and won that night but the show in Racine was the one where we came into our own [as described earlier].

That is my sense, also. Perhaps the Fleetwood "Midwest '70" albums are a combo of the Racine and Milwaukee shows? I assume North American Nationals was Milwaukee?