Colt Cadets

while checking stuff out I noticed CC has no acting director. Are they looking for a new one? It shows on the website that their former director will be doing the colts, will she do both?

PS Before it's said, yes I could simply email but like these people aren't busy enough

• 2 weeks later...

while checking stuff out I noticed CC has no acting director. Are they looking for a new one? It shows on the website that their former director will be doing the colts, will she do both?

PS Before it's said, yes I could simply email but like these people aren't busy enough

Vicki Schaffer has been the Colt Cadet dirctor for 10 years, which was part of her role as "Youth Programs Director". The reorganization of the administrative staff to put more focus on fundraising has placed Vicki in the new positions of "Director of Operations" and "Director of Colts Drm & Bugle Corps".

Read more about it here: http://www.colts.org/news/news.cfm?news_id=657

Random facts of Colts/Colt Cadet staff:

The Colts and Colt Cadets share quite a few staff members and volunteers during the winter/spring camp season, as they meet on different weekends. This allows for lots of individual teaching and conversations as to which corps would be the best fit for each student. Lots of brass and percussion techs work with both, and lots of current Colts members and alumni help out with Colt Cadet weekends (And quite a few staff members of CC are Colts alumni). During the summer the instructional staff is mostly set with just one corps, but the administrative staff/volunteers/BOD/etc. work together as one team to support both corps, in addition to the middle school summer band, steel drum orchestra, and other local projects.

The Colts traditionally have their first camp weekend during Thanksgiving, with about one per month until Memorial Day. The Colt Cadets traditionally have their first rehearsal camps in February, and meet about every-other Sunday until May. I suspect formal staff announcements will occur in late winter for the Colt Cadets, but that is a random guess.

If you are interested in trying out for the Colts or Colt Cadets, sign up for mailing list here: http://www.colts.org/info.cfm