The ring is way within Phantom's reach. Cavies were pretty flat in SA, better in Houston, but still nothing too great. BD had probably their best hornline warmup of the season in SA, but the show isn't allowing them to win right now. They've got to do something with the ending. Phantom has some of their best stuff in years and will certainly make things interesting.

By the way, SCV's feet are sick good. Ron Hardin works magic. They are looking real good and will duke it out with Cadets unless Cadets do something.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The ring is way within Phantom's reach. Cavies were pretty flat in SA, better in Houston, but still nothing too great. BD had probably their best hornline warmup of the season in SA, but the show isn't allowing them to win right now. They've got to do something with the ending. Phantom has some of their best stuff in years and will certainly make things interesting.

OK..So Cavs are nothing great and BD's show will not let them win. Then why are Cavs 3 points in front of Phantom and BD is 2.45? Let's hear a little more rational here. In what captions will PR make up these points that Cavs and BD can't keep pace? I haven't seen PR since Rockford and I know they have changed a lot of the show, but they have not closed the gap on the Cavs/BD. Where's it going to come from? Just curious....

Rich

Funny how that opinion thing doesn't go both ways...

He is just a Cavie guy that thinks everything they do is gold, but I agree with the first poster.

Boys,

I'm not ripping on him... I am really curious to hear where he thinks this is going to come from. Why is asking for rational for your statement being "high and mighty"? Is their GE going to do it? The performance? Music?

What about the Cadets? SCV? How is PR going to separate themselves from them? I haven't seen PR since Rockford. I know they have made some major changes. I'm just looking for a little more info...

Rich

(the obnoxious Cavie guy...)

Edited by rgortowski

I'm not saying that Phantom is going to win -- I do think they could. It is within the realm of possibility. Look, I'm not a judge, but you any of you with any connection to the activity know that we are in the midst of big changes in everyone's show. Rewrites, new visuals, and watering down books are de rigeur at this moment. If things go the right way for Phantom, they might do something special this year.

Otherwise, it'll be up to BD and Cavies to duke it out. May the best corps win -- I just don't think that the Cavies are the best. They are clean. Very clean. BD's feet are not as clean as they have been lately. Phantom has been helping to develop horns with King -- they have a sweet sound....very sweet! (18.5 for Cavies, 18 for PR, 17.8 for BD) Devs have a killer hornline -- they just need to get their marching book better so that they can bring their lot sound to the field. Also, I think Cavies are peaking right now.

I haven't even mentioned percussion, but if you look, the big winner in SA was SCV. Nice work, y'all -- and I'll just say again that the entire corps has awesome feet this year. PLATES --- many props on your final drill move!!! I will say it: that was the best move I saw all last night. (to those of you who haven't seen them or who will soon---the five of them weave down through the corps in the final move jazz running) Your feet were hitting absolutely perfectly on the beat. Very nice!

This is going to be interesting to say the least. I'm not here to pin down the captions where one corps could use to make a move. I think though that what PR has is enough to give them a shot and, at this point, makes them worth mentioning as part of the 'top three'.

Edited by Coro

I haven't even mentioned percussion, but if you look, the big winner in SA was SCV. Nice work, y'all -- and I'll just say again that the entire corps has awesome feet this year.

You say nice things about SCV in both posts. I haven't seen them yet. How are they stacking up with PR? They closed to .85 of Cadets and PR, but haven't been able to make their move yet. Can they pick off either/both of these corps?

Thanks for sharing you opinions, i'm surprised how little has been said about the first major contest of the year!?

Rich

the O.C.G. (obnoxious Cavie guy)