He is just a Cavie guy that thinks everything they do is gold, but I agree with the first poster.

Mad buddy,

You've got me all wrong! I couldn't stand what Cavaliers did in 1978 - playing "Do You Wanna Get Funky?" That was the worst version of that I have ever heard of that in drum corps... Don't even start me on 1973...

Rich

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I understand.

Granted I havent seen BD. Only about 30% of Cavies show does anything for me. The box thingy with the solos is one of the most creative things I have ever seen, period. 2000 and 2002 were awesome, but this year and 2001 didnt trip my trigger.

As far as PR goes, I hope that they have made changes because they did nothing for me in Rockford, although what they did was very good at that point.

I am also excited to see my boys the Scouts, I am happy that they are performing at a high level again.

I cant wait to get to INDY.

I can't believe this is as close to an SA evening review as we've gotten so far

:sos:

No joke!!

Anyone else feel like offering their insite?

Mike Bui's got a review coming soon, taking him a while to write it, so it should be pretty good.

Quickie here guys...LONG day yesterday, long driving today.

I am of the opinion in the long run Phantom CAN catch the big dogs, but who knows what changes will be made. The sounds Phantom are putting out are incredible. They have a nice visual package finally and guard and drums are far from hurting them. I too believe SCV can get into the fray. BD is performing well but the show seems to limit them. In an odd way, Cavs show is limiting them. While they march and play the heck out of the show, the lack of real dynamic contrast and GE beyond lots of spinning kept them from really hitting my trigger.

Points of interest: Cavies lost two tubas in a pile up and BD lost a tenor player twice. Those spills obviously did not alter judging, but it was downer for the bog boys to have such slips.

Carolina Crown is a nice surprise as well. They have a nice show. They won't threaten the top 6, but they sure are solid. And what happened to Glass? They are in a free fall it seems.

Drum corps with A/C in Texas is a good thing!

The Blue Devils tenor really ###### me off. He hit the ground towards the end of the show... and what did he do... recover?? NO!! He walks off to the side and just stands there trying to put his drum back on. Now I know it probably hurt, but he can march and just hold his drum! The funny thing was, is because of that the crowd just sat there at the end for a second, then realized the show was over, then started clapping. It was awkward to say the least!

Edited by CincinnatiGloryMello

Can anyone e-mail me about the Crown performance???My sis plays bari, and I really wanted to see Crown play, but the only show I could go to this summer was Riverside CA (the 2nd competition), and they weren't there (obviously). I know they made some changes and all, so could someone pleez tell me what's up? :blink:

By the way, at Riverside, I thought that SCV show was more interesting than the PR show. I hope they livened it up a bit. :rolleyes:

Edited by claridosa

No joke!!

Mike Bui's got a review coming soon, taking him a while to write it, so it should be pretty good.

That would be me peoples.

Anyways, hey Matt...I didn't go to San Antonio remember? I'm doing a review on the Houston show since I went to that. Give me a some time and it'll be up pretty soon! b**bs

No joke!!

That would be me peoples.

Anyways, hey Matt...I didn't go to San Antonio remember? I'm doing a review on the Houston show since I went to that. Give me a some time and it'll be up pretty soon! b**bs

My bad. Forgot you were working during SA. Houston had the three corps I'm really looking forward to, so it doesn't make much difference to me. ^_^