Reading Buccaneers Spring Preview

The Reading Buccaneers Drum & Bugle Corps and the Twin Valley High School Band will host the 9th Annual Spring Preview, a Drum & Bugle Corps Concert, on Saturday, May 11, 2013, at 7:00 p.m. The concert will take place in the Twin Valley High School auditorium, 4897 S. Twin Valley Road, Elverson, PA 19520.

The Spring Preview has become a much-anticipated mainstay of the indoor drum and bugle corps concert calendar and features some of the world’s best all-age competing and alumni corps in exhibition. The concert’s proceeds will benefit the Twin Valley High School band program and the Reading Buccaneers.

The concert will be the public’s first opportunity to hear the hometown and defending Drum Corps Associates world champion Reading Buccaneers, as the corps unveils its 2013 music program: Higher, Faster, Stronger. The corps’ repertoire includes Symphony No. 11, Mvt. IV, by Dmitri Shostakovich, original music by designers Mark Lortz, Johnny Trujillo and Greg Tsalikis, Chevaliers de Sangreal from “The DaVinci Code,” by Hans Zimmer, and Danse Bacchanale, from “Samson and Delilah,” by Camille Saint-Saens.

In addition to the Buccaneers, guests will be treated to performances by Fusion Core (Morris County, NJ), the Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights (Newark, NJ), Selden Cadets (Selden, Long Island, NY), Reilly Raiders (Willow Grove, PA), New York Skyliners Alumni (New York, NY) and the Reading Buccaneers Alumni (Reading, PA).

In addition to the concert, the day presents a unique opportunity for drum corps aficionados to meet members from multiple corps and reconnect with old friends and many activity luminaries.

Reserved seats are $15, and general admission seats are $13, and will be sold at the door. Tickets can be purchased in advance via PayPal at Spring Preview '13 or by sending a check payable to “The Spring Preview,” along with a self-addressed stamped envelope, to The Spring Preview, 200 Columbia Avenue, Reading, PA 19605.

For additional information and to inquire about program advertising, please contact Spring Preview Chairman Randy Kerschner at 610-929-4654 or by email at randman9@aol.com.

• Like 1

oh Princess, my Princess.....my tix are in hand and apologies to anyone who may sit behind me and my booster chair.........can't wait :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

The Reading Buccaneers Drum & Bugle Corps and the Twin Valley High School Band will host the 9th Annual Spring Preview, a Drum & Bugle Corps Concert, on Saturday, May 11, 2013, at 7:00 p.m. The concert will take place in the Twin Valley High School auditorium, 4897 S. Twin Valley Road, Elverson, PA 19520.

The Spring Preview has become a much-anticipated mainstay of the indoor drum and bugle corps concert calendar and features some of the world’s best all-age competing and alumni corps in exhibition. The concert’s proceeds will benefit the Twin Valley High School band program and the Reading Buccaneers.

The concert will be the public’s first opportunity to hear the hometown and defending Drum Corps Associates world champion Reading Buccaneers, as the corps unveils its 2013 music program: Higher, Faster, Stronger. The corps’ repertoire includes Symphony No. 11, Mvt. IV, by Dmitri Shostakovich, original music by designers Mark Lortz, Johnny Trujillo and Greg Tsalikis, Chevaliers de Sangreal from “The DaVinci Code,” by Hans Zimmer, and Danse Bacchanale, from “Samson and Delilah,” by Camille Saint-Saens.

In addition to the Buccaneers, guests will be treated to performances by Fusion Core (Morris County, NJ), the Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights (Newark, NJ), Selden Cadets (Selden, Long Island, NY), Reilly Raiders (Willow Grove, PA), New York Skyliners Alumni (New York, NY) and the Reading Buccaneers Alumni (Reading, PA).

In addition to the concert, the day presents a unique opportunity for drum corps aficionados to meet members from multiple corps and reconnect with old friends and many activity luminaries.

Reserved seats are $15, and general admission seats are $13, and will be sold at the door. Tickets can be purchased in advance via PayPal at Spring Preview '13 or by sending a check payable to “The Spring Preview,” along with a self-addressed stamped envelope, to The Spring Preview, 200 Columbia Avenue, Reading, PA 19605.

For additional information and to inquire about program advertising, please contact Spring Preview Chairman Randy Kerschner at 610-929-4654 or by email at randman9@aol.com.

• Like 1

A little over a month until the Spring Preview. Come out and enjoy drum corps in a comfy chair with no wind, rain or sunburn to bother you...just good drum corps up close and personal. See the first message above for ticket information.

We're also accepting program ads until April 26, so contact Randy Kerschner at 610-929-4654 or randman9@aol.com for more information.

Want to help out at the show? Just contact Randy, and he'll be happy to put you to work.

Less than a month away...please join us for an awesome evening!

getting close Tom.....excitement is growing, but it doesn't take much in blue to get me 'cited.......also, the line up is superb......hope my Princess has my booster seat :worthy:

Less than a month away...please join us for an awesome evening!

• 2 weeks later...

It's hard to imagine that it's almost May already....which means lots of things to us in the drum corps community.

For the Reading Buccaneers, we're pumped as all get-out because it's just about SPRING PREVIEW TIME! We've been hard at work all winter working on a fantastic music book and since early March we've been working hard at drill learnin' - we welcome back the fabulous Buccaneers color guard and are eager to get the show ready for Wildwood.

First things first, though. Two weeks from today, it's the 9th Annual Spring Preview!!! Join us at Twin Valley High School in Elverson, PA for a great evening filled with awesome music. You'll get to hear what the Buccaneers and Fusion Core have been up to musically all winter. You'll be wonderfully entertained by the Reilly Raiders, Skyliners Alumni Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights, Selden Cadets and Reading Buccaneers Alumni. And you'll help us say a huge 'thank you' to the awesome folks at the Twin Valley School District for their awesome partnership as a portion of the proceeds will support the Twin Valley music program.

Saturday, May 11, 7 p.m.

Twin Valley HS

4897 S. Twin Valley Road, Elverson, PA 19520

Join us!!!

www.readingbuccaneers.org

it ain't sneakin' up on us, but almost Tom. Most everyone know what a great show it will be by the lineup of the corps with whom we are familiar, but folks if ya haven't seen/heard Selden yet....hold the scrapple.......saw them Saturday in Bridgeport and, man they knocked my "shoes" (.50 to Pepe) in the dirt.....can't wait to see them in Elverson

Guido

It's hard to imagine that it's almost May already....which means lots of things to us in the drum corps community.

For the Reading Buccaneers, we're pumped as all get-out because it's just about SPRING PREVIEW TIME! We've been hard at work all winter working on a fantastic music book and since early March we've been working hard at drill learnin' - we welcome back the fabulous Buccaneers color guard and are eager to get the show ready for Wildwood.

First things first, though. Two weeks from today, it's the 9th Annual Spring Preview!!! Join us at Twin Valley High School in Elverson, PA for a great evening filled with awesome music. You'll get to hear what the Buccaneers and Fusion Core have been up to musically all winter. You'll be wonderfully entertained by the Reilly Raiders, Skyliners Alumni Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights, Selden Cadets and Reading Buccaneers Alumni. And you'll help us say a huge 'thank you' to the awesome folks at the Twin Valley School District for their awesome partnership as a portion of the proceeds will support the Twin Valley music program.

Saturday, May 11, 7 p.m.

Twin Valley HS

4897 S. Twin Valley Road, Elverson, PA 19520

Join us!!!

www.readingbuccaneers.org

One week!!!

time is getting 'short' and as we said in the military: 6 and a wake up........

Jim

One week!!!

I expect the Knicks to push hard full out, and play team ball, and so we in a drum corps - is it really 2013? - do same. And so we set sail for Reading this weekend for Spring Preview.

Like Xmas when we unwrap the presents. Long fall and winter of prep, some Spring polish - looking forward now to crowd reaction and cross-corps energy.

1st outdoor grass field for our parking lot corps - don’t get me started on Field Lining ‘cause I have a lot to share. Can you say front to back hash insanity? (97.5, 100, love it, solve it). Like a show day … sweat it out on the field and get some reps for Wildwood.

The annual turkey feast

Amazing Alumni corps

Awesome drum corps crowd, definition of

Spring Preview of the awesome Bucs

Amazing hosts: Reading

Excited … 3 days … and for those that will be there, I promise … our core will be … (can I say that? ooops, LOL) … in a fresh Chapter.

Privileged and thrilled to take part. Back to prep – this ain’t easy.