DCI - Restoring my Faith in Humanity

Everyday, there always seems to be a sad story that makes me so angry and disenchanted with humanity. From the mistreatment of other beings and the corruption that goes on at the deepest levels, it gets progressively frustrating to see and hear about these things.

I've always considered myself to be a person who can see the good in most things but over the past few years, it has gotten hard to ignore the bad and not let it affect my life.

Enter drum corps, particularly this summer, I can honestly say that I feel the tides changing--slowly but surely. After reading all of these awesome stories like the recent Jersey Surf post about the Frankfurt family and the pure joy that a friend of a member here has with drum corps despite her situation, I have finally realized just how spectacularly awesome the drum corps community is. I know that this has been going on for years, no, decades, but I have finally gotten that breakthrough moment that allowed me to see the good.

The world would be such a better place if absolutely everyone can experience the greatness of the drum corps activity and community. It's quite something to behold.

I'd love to hear and read about more awesome stories that I might have missed along the way so please, if you'd like, post the story or a link to it here and I'll make it part of my "daily dose of good."

Thanks for reading--I just had to share these feelings with everyone here!

• Like 5

Hear Hear!