I don't understand Crown's show.

Yes, but how much do you love me? thumbup.gif

" without you, I have no reason for living... " ( well.. except for mortgage, rent, car, college, etc bills... haha )

Edited by BRASSO

I don't think there's really an explicit unifying "story" to Crown's show the way there was in 2009 or 2010 (or Phantom this year), so in that sense, I don't think there's as much to "get". I wouldn't even say there's an obvious overarching "theme", although maybe I just haven't picked up on it! For me, it's a collection of great music and visuals with some related intellectual themes that you can grab onto if you want. For me, the two big ones there are:

The contrast between the "emotional" and the "intellectual". The intellectual side of things is the Einstein, the counting, the equations, the virtuoso playing in the opener and drum feature. The emotional is obvious, the ballad. And then the two threads are sort of tied together at the end of the closer.

The impossible being possible. Similar to 2012, but instead of superhuman individual feats and the power of the whole, it's more about expanding boundaries and things that shouldn't be "logically" possible - love that lasts forever, teleportation, everything implied by e=mc^2.

I think part of why it's a great show is that there isn't one easy, obvious answer to it. It works well on all sorts of different levels, and from multiple angles.

Crown's show is a depiction of Richard Strauss's original vision---having wrinkled old men morph into giant space babies. Meanwhile, in an alternate universe, two lovers are being taught how to count, while playing a game of musical bench. Oh yeah, mass and energy are related (you'll need that for your physics exam), rolling bass drums are cool, and we have purple pants.

• Like 1

Crown's show is a depiction of Richard Strauss's original vision---having wrinkled old men morph into giant space babies. Meanwhile, in an alternate universe, two lovers are being taught how to count, while playing a game of musical bench. Oh yeah, mass and energy are related (you'll need that for your physics exam), rolling bass drums are cool, and we have purple pants.

See how a show like this can work on multiple but different levels for different viewers, LOL?

• Like 1

Why does it matter? Why can't folks just listen to the music and enjoy? Why do you have to 'understand it'? And why the hell do corps feel the need to create a narrative or theme or story and expect fans to decipher some hidden esoteric meaning?

I want some Moorside March, Elks Parade, in the Stone and any ballad for a closer. In G please. Thank you.