Blue Devils 1988

Here's another funny thing. At the end of the BD show, there's a soprano player with reddish hair, and it's sort of in a curly pony tail style (one of the soloists). As BD is about to exit the field, I'd swear Rondinero thought it was a girl at first. He says something like "...and as you can see there, there's girls too...uhhhh" and then catches himself when he realizes it's actually a guy.

There was a girl in the soprano soloist group at the end of the 89 show, but she was a blonde.

one more thing. One mistake that's overlooked in BD '89 comes right after "If we were in love." The opening staccato sop solo which begins Allegre has a couple of off notes, and then one serious biff. Still, one heck of an entertaining show. I'm afraid it's underrated in the shadow of SCV and PR that year, but I feel the same about that lush Cavies Rutter show too. It was also a shame that the original PBS airing only had the top five. That star show was worthy of being aired too, especially with the incredible sound they had, and that wonderful opening drill. It would have been a great way to kick off the 89 broadcast.

Edited by onfirepro

There was a girl in the soprano soloist group at the end of the 89 show, but she was a blonde.

Yeah, the short one with the short blonde hair, but it seemed like the guy was the one clearly visible when Rondo said it. Check it out on the tape. I could be wrong, but I think you'll see what I mean.

Edited by onfirepro