2014 DVD Pre Orders

Has anyone else tried to pre order the DVDs, etc for 2014. I ordered them on Saturday...it asked me to register (it would not take my Fan Network username and password or my normal DCI username or password)...so I registered...got a notification that my card would be charged...but no order number, no e-mail confirmation..and when I go back into my normal DCI account, there's no order there...and if I go into the Fan Network, I can't find any ordering information. I sent an e-mail to the DCI store about this, and haven't gotten a response...so I re-ordered it this morning...again it asked me to register (would not take my existing log in information), and again no order number or e-mail confirmation, but did get a message that my card would be charged...Is it just me, or is this messed up for some reason...and no my card has not been charged yet....but I know in the past they sometimes didn't charge until the items were shipped...I just want to know if they got my order...

anyone else having issues?

Edited by G-Rott

I think I found part of the problem...the ordering is in the DCIFinals.com site, not DCI.org....even though it starts in the latter, the actual purchase shows up in the former..

Has anyone else tried to pre order the DVDs, etc for 2014. I ordered them on Saturday...it asked me to register (it would not take my Fan Network username and password or my normal DCI username or password)...so I registered...got a notification that my card would be charged...but no order number, no e-mail confirmation..and when I go back into my normal DCI account, there's no order there...and if I go into the Fan Network, I can't find any ordering information. I sent an e-mail to the DCI store about this, and haven't gotten a response...so I re-ordered it this morning...again it asked me to register (would not take my existing log in information), and again no order number or e-mail confirmation, but did get a message that my card would be charged...Is it just me, or is this messed up for some reason...and no my card has not been charged yet....but I know in the past they sometimes didn't charge until the items were shipped...I just want to know if they got my order...

anyone else having issues?

The same thing happened when I signed up for Fan Network in 2014. I saw the charge on my CC right away, but never got a confirming email from DCI. I sent an email to Dan A at DCI advising them only because sending it through the regular channels at DCI is really a futile effort. It's the "black hole of nothingness" for replies. This is also something I tried to notify them about last year.

I don't know if I'm going to order the DVD's. DCI really needs to start improving the online experience.

Has anyone else tried to pre order the DVDs, etc for 2014. I ordered them on Saturday...[no confirmation so] I re-ordered it this morning...again no order number or e-mail confirmation...I just want to know if they got my order...

G-Rott, I think you'd better call them. Otherwise my money says you're going to be double-billed on the credit card this month and the proud owner of two copies of the videos in November.

I don't know if I'm going to order the DVD's. DCI really needs to start improving the online experience.

They are surprisingly bad at stuff like this. I know, they're not amazon.com--it's a small-scale operation--but it's as if they go out of their way to discourage online business at times. One example I noticed this year, and if I recall correctly, it's been like this at least some years in the past: for weeks after finals, there was nothing on their store website about ordering 2014 video or audio recordings. If you clicked VIDEOS in DCI Store in late August, you were taken to order 2013 stuff, at the same prices from last fall and higher than available in the stadium in early August. So any new fan all excited after attending the show in Indy or going to the cinema for quarterfinals who wanted to order 2014 recordings couldn't do it online. No doubt some of them lost interest and wandered away. All that stuff for preordering 2014 media should have been on the website before finals. They certainly do a good job of selling it at the shows. They just don't get that you have to have it on the web as well. Not everybody is in Indy or wants to take time to preorder it there. The online experience is still 1995. Money is left on the table.

Edited by Peel Paint
  • Like 1

Thanks...I did finally hear...from the DCI HelpDesk...not the store...and they confirmed (and then I was later able to confirm) that I did in fact order them twice..They said they would refund one of the payments...

I too am surprised they waited this long to take orders. I was starting to think they were going to produce them...then take orders so they could ship right away..

oh well...all is good now (as long as I get my refund)