Allentown basic review

Without disrespecting the Blue Devils, in my mind the devils perform a much less complicated show extremely well. I think the Cavies show is a lot riskier especially on the visual design (and more demanding, too).

Actually, it's quite the opposite.....

And as far as demand visually ?? Cavaliers are perforimng the same old stuff and not nearly as well as they can...Blue Devils are risking it with a much more demanding, exposed visual program and are executing it at a greater level than Cavaliers

~G~

Would you be interested to explain then in your opinion how what the Blue Devils is doing is far more complicated? I know you are a knowledgeable fan and I love to learn the complexities involved that maybe I didnt appreciate well enough. Like I said in my opinion I thought the content was not as complicated as Cavaliers visually all the way around, although the success they did it with was superior last night.

Edited by plinko227

Would you be interested to explain then in your opinion how what the Blue Devils is doing is far more complicated? I know you are a knowledgeable fan and I love to learn the complexities involved that maybe I didnt appreciate well enough. Like I said in my opinion I thought the content was not as complicated as Cavaliers visually all the way around, although the success they did it with was superior last night.

First, without getting into it.....The Blue Devils are the masters of the "seamless transition" they do it with ease, you dont even know one thing has morphed into the next. Second, they have varied emotion in all their sets and design. The visual show enhances the music program, all sections are integrated into one totally evolving picture..they have been doing it successfully long before the Cavaliers have. Third, mainly this year, but to some degree every year...varrying tempo.....the rate at which the program evolves this year is by far , faster than they have ever executed. It is wilth great execution that the Devils succeed and surpass anyone in the visual arena. Nobody executes what they have better and more consistent the the Blue Devils.....nobody takes a piece of music and marches it at multiple tempos better than the Blue Devils, they are extremely consistent in design, extremely effective in conveying the emotion of a musical piece through visual interpetation, and the masters at getting it done and keeping it consistent.

~G~